Heard one of the things a mother never wants

Help Support CattleToday:

My wife and I will add both of you to our prayer list. Most on this board have had family with some form of cancer, lean on us when you need a shoulder.

Wow, talk about something that rocks your world. Must have been a total shock for both of you. Prayers and best wishes for treatment and recovery.

I was diagnosed at age 28 (with a 5 year old and 13 month old baby) with stage 4 non hodgkins lymphoma. Chemo and a stem cell transplant later I am still here nearly six years later. I remember my doctor telling me i might not live to make it to the first round of chemo. The good news is lymphoma's are fast growing, and thus usually respond really well to treatment. I don't know why that is, but that is what doctors told me. Hopefully your son will have the same success. He can kick some cancer a##.

papavillars":3brqnu42 said:
Most on this board have had family with some form of cancer, lean on us when you need a shoulder.
:nod: Cancer can be beaten, you and your son are in my prayers.

Thank you for asking. He was staged at 3b, b meaning he had symptoms . Improvement has be drastic after 3 infusion of ABVD. His liver counts have gone from over 1300, down to the 300s. 100 is high normal. He gained back 12 lbs and energy level has gone from lifeless to semi normal. 1st 4 days after chemo are rough on him. Stomach pains, bone pain, muscle weakness are just a few. He hasn't started by to work, but plans to after his next infusion.

As for the pocket book, it is hemorrhaging profusely. I hate to see what the mail brings each day. I think we will be selling more cows than we had planned.

ffamom":2xd3x8tp said:
Thank you for asking. He was staged at 3b, b meaning he had symptoms . Improvement has be drastic after 3 infusion of ABVD. His liver counts have gone from over 1300, down to the 300s. 100 is high normal. He gained back 12 lbs and energy level has gone from lifeless to semi normal. 1st 4 days after chemo are rough on him. Stomach pains, bone pain, muscle weakness are just a few. He hasn't started by to work, but plans to after his next infusion.

As for the pocket book, it is hemorrhaging profusely. I hate to see what the mail brings each day. I think we will be selling more cows than we had planned.

Hope he gets better, try not to worry about the bills-I know easier to say than do