health insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Yesterday I found out that our health insurance thru my husbands employer would be changing, effective Oct 1st-the plan we had was pretty darn good, very low deductible-a PPO -now we can choose between 3 plans, the comparable plan will cost us $15 more a week-and it will be in the Blue cross Blue shield network-different than what we have now-of course-but not really a bad thing, as I have a doctor in that network that i really like. But when we asked why this change was being made, the employer stated it was because of Obama care.(they said they are being forced to change) i thought if you had health coverage thru an employer that it would not be effected-guess again! Whats odd though is that all 3 choices have the same exact coverage, its just the deductibles that are different-and vastly different.
Just wondering has anyone else experienced this with their employers?

Mine went up 125 a check. Cancelled it and took out a private policy from Blue Cross for what I had been paying. The coverage is not as good but neither was the new insurance at work.

Nope. I don't know what your talking about. I get to keep mine all the way through Dec 31st and then it ends completely and will have to find new insurance. Of course, I'm self insured and my premium has risen sharply over the last few years because of Obamacare, so I'm glad I wont have that burden any longer. :mad:

my friend is self employed too, and she said she got money back from her health insurance carrier, but starting Oct 1st she will have to pay $100 more a month-
What will you do, look for another plan?

I have been told if you are independent purchaser that your premiums will go up. But if you don't make a huge amount of money it will get subsidized. So as old as we are(very high premiums)-- I actually end up much better off.

Still think O care is going to be bad for the country as a whole.

Latest posts