Hathcock Polled Herefords - Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

jhambley

Reaction score
As I posted previously, I visited Hathcock Polled Herefords in Dallas, Ga. last weekend. Here are a few photos of Mr. Hathcock's yearling heifers.

W6
Hathcock022.jpg

W6
Hathcock074.jpg

W2
Hathcock071.jpg

Heifer with missing tag
Hathcock092.jpg

mrvictordomino":1ktl7a8n said:
Really good looking group of heifers, how are they bred?

Mr. George Queener of Chickamauga Ga. started with a cross of Victor Domino and Neil Trask cattle. He line bred them for decades with particular attention for doability on fescue. Mr Hathcock has continued the line breeding tradition.

My personal experience with Mr Hathcock's cattle has been very positive. They have low BW, good milk, great udders, good growth and do it all on fescue. I was able to purchase 8 more heifers last weekend from this group.

Last week I also visited another gentleman in Georgia that is using straight Hathcock genetics. These four year olds are linebred on Mr. Hathcock's 6007 bull. They are running on leased fescue pasture. He feeds them a five gallon bucket of cotton seed hulls once a week to keep them coming up.

Hathcock228.jpg

Hathcock230.jpg

Hathcock235.jpg

Hathcock237.jpg

Hathcock252.jpg

jhambley":2sowede8 said:
Last week I also visited another gentleman in Georgia that is using straight Hathcock genetics. These four year olds are linebred on Mr. Hathcock's 6007 bull. They are running on leased fescue pasture. He feeds them a five gallon bucket of cotton seed hulls once a week to keep them coming up.

Hathcock228.jpg

Hathcock230.jpg

Hathcock235.jpg

Hathcock237.jpg

Hathcock252.jpg

I just need the guy's address, don't need his name, pretty sure I couldn't afford to buy them. Just his address so I can go down there and steal them. I really like them, I'm jealous. Nice.

that truelly is a fine set of polled hereford heifers.their breeding is stamped all over them.

Latest posts