Has CT benefitted you?

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
As of late I have been pondering the things I have learned here. Too many things to list. I remember spending hours reading and reading. I had read everything dun had ever posted at one time. Caustic too. A few others. Way too much information to retain but it was good stuff.

Single biggest savings for me far has likely been Caustic's hay cradles. I was using rings and probably wasting 30% of my hay. CB's cradles gave me an idea. I had junk trampoline frames. I built a couple of cradles. They worked great so I built many more. 12 or so now. People have given me trampoline frames again and again. Nephew just gave me two more he acquired some where.

Cows are 23 miles away. I can put out several days worth of hay now and lose very little of it. Win/win. I cut my hay waste to next to nothing. When you feed a couple hundred round bales each winter, that is a lot of hay savings. Winter after winter too.

Thank you to all of those who have helped me through the years.

http://ranchers.net/photopost/showphoto ... puser/2144

Yes, it's like a really big bible study class because the subject is big enough that you can't learn it all own your own.

chippie":2krv5h31 said:
those look good hook.
My answer is yes. Multiple times. I am grateful for you all.
I can't take credit for that :lol: as much as I would like to, bhb game me the idea but I can't find trampoline frames as readily.
This place has had a huge direct impact on my life. Not only with cows, but over the years it's helped me see I need to keep my mouth shut and ears open more.

Hook":1d2xbgej said:
chippie":1d2xbgej said:
those look good hook.
My answer is yes. Multiple times. I am grateful for you all.
I can't take credit for that :lol: as much as I would like to, bhb game me the idea but I can't find trampoline frames as readily.
This place has had a huge direct impact on my life. Not only with cows, but over the years it's helped me see I need to keep my mouth shut and ears open more.
:hide: hows that working for you?

I would say most definitely, no one can know it all.
Vast wealth of knowledge here.
I have enjoyed reading how different regions approach a problem.
Get stumped on something post about it, somebody will know.
Now there is no guaranty you will like the answer need pretty thick skin,
when you put it out there.

Actually other than passing time away, a few good chuckles, not really. I've gotten a lot of advice from people who think they know their stuff, but who can give accurate advice over what they see or think they see in a forum and who would take it? Imagine me selling everything and starting over and when asked what prompted me to do that i say, "A guy i dont know who saw a few of my pictures in a forum said i needed to." But, it can be amusing at times...

I've learned a lot and made a friend or two. In terms of what I've read here being implemented in my operation...No (for the most part, not everything). I'm probably the worst person to describe something and I'm a tight wade so most of the advice I've been thrown here would work if I were rich or didn't have a day job. I do the best I can with what I've got. Granted, if any of you come to my place and gave advice I'd be more willing take it and apply it. Hard to do that when you have no idea what a man's operation looks like or his bank account.

I actually learned a lot in our state's master beef course.

cowgirl8":1j4dbgme said:
Actually other than passing time away, a few good chuckles, not really. I've gotten a lot of advice from people who think they know their stuff, but who can give accurate advice over what they see or think they see in a forum and who would take it? Imagine me selling everything and starting over and when asked what prompted me to do that i say, "A guy i dont know who saw a few of my pictures in a forum said i needed to." But, it can be amusing at times...

A person that is not growing Is dying. This statement from you says it all. If you read the other thread You will find I explained what a "land" was because you said you didn't know so therefore you should have learned something.

Caustic Burno":1nim34hv said:
I would say most definitely, no one can know it all.
Vast wealth of knowledge here.
I have enjoyed reading how different regions approach a problem.
Get stumped on something post about it, somebody will know.
Now there is no guaranty you will like the answer need pretty thick skin,
when you put it out there.

I am beholding to you. No doubt. On many things. Thank you for sharing the wisdom.

I have always seen myself as a life long learner. Some people seem to find a stopping point. They either think they know all there is to know, or they just don't desire to know more. I enjoy seeing how different people approach the same problem. There is always a lesson in that.

This forum has been good for some great ideas for my cattle business, and just a wealth of knowledge from some folks on here that just give a different perspective on the way to do things.
Also, just a great time to pass some time away and for good laughs and photos.
thanks to you all

M5farm":3igv62kw said:
cowgirl8":3igv62kw said:

A person that is not growing Is dying. This statement from you says it all. If you read the other thread You will find I explained what a "land" was because you said you didn't know so therefore you should have learned something.
Well if i learned an expression i'll never use, i guess i did..... I know what 'land' is though.

cowgirl8":3vte0dc8 said:
M5farm":3vte0dc8 said:
cowgirl8":3vte0dc8 said:

Well if i learned an expression i'll never use, i guess i did..... I know what 'land' is though.

Yes Its "FARMERS" term not a "RANCHERS" term

YES! The perspective of every one on here has effected how I currently do things. No matter how hard I try to fight it. :)

I have a confession to make... I bought a Black Angus bull two weeks ago. :oops: I've been in the closet about the whole deal but I feel a lot better not having to hide it any more.

Brute 23":40ez97qs said:
YES! The perspective of every one on here has effected how I currently do things. No matter how hard I try to fight it. :)

I have a confession to make... I bought a Black Angus bull two weeks ago. :oops: I've been in the closet about the whole deal but I feel a lot better not having to hide it any more.
I have to confess I bought a red cow yesterday. Never thought I'd stoop so low and I too feel better now than I've got it off my chest. :?

Brute, next meeting is next Wednesday . :mrgreen:

cowgirl8":17hbz18a said:

You just gotta keep poke'm with stick
You could at least make an attempt to get along

TexasBred":3keswjv6 said:
Brute, next meeting is next Wednesday .

Is Snake still the president of the Black Bull Owners of the Americas?

I've learned a lot from everyone. I like to see how others do things and at times some of the ideas work well for me.

The most recent benefit has been a mess of fish Highgrit gave me. This is excellent fish and is much cheaper than any fish I have ever pulled out of the Gulf. I think the cost of the last fish I caught in the Gulf ran me about $27.75 a piece and I had to pay for them at the courthouse. Never thought bait snatchers used for cut bait could be so valuable but they are. About $475. I vowed never to return to those waters so I've been without fresh seafood for some years now. Based on my figuring and my average cost of self caught fish I'd estimate HIghgrit gave me about $6000 worth of fish.

Latest posts