Has CT benefitted you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Absolutely!
You cannot find a better joke page on the internet. Hard to find a place with more hard workers assembled, too. I wish more people on CT lived near me and were available for employment. We have got some real craftsmen here.

As for those who thrive on negative attention, well it sure seems like if that is your thing there are plenty on here willing to oblige ya.

Chuckie":k7alc5df said:
greybeard, you can always have a redneck funeral where they hook chains to the casket and drag it to the hole with a 4-wheeler.

Chuckie, I don't know if you are kidding but I know some real life stories that are right there with that. Including one where a couple ole boys dumped a body out of a casket that came open. What happens in real life can be more funny than anything you can dream up. :D

inyati13":3lz3bi4r said:
What happens in real life can be more funny than anything you can dream up. :D

The crisis at the moment is never fun. Doesn't seem like you'd ever laugh about it. But when you tell the story everyone is rolling.

Pull start a tractor by yourself. Leave the tractor in gear. Hook up the truck with it idled up. Get on the tractor and push in the clutch and shift to third. Left off the brake and away you go. Let out the clutch and crank the tractor. Brake the truck and tractor. Lock the tractor brake. Get in the truck and back up to unhook it.

The method worked great for me several times. Except the time I used a big rope and the rope broke. Good thing the tractor started. I had to use it to pull the truck out of the top of a cedar tree. Right on the edge of that drop off.

I bought a starter after that. Didn't have to park the tractor on the hill anymore.

Chuckie":3efw99ry said:
I made several of Dun's mineral feeders in the beginning. They worked great, but I could no longer pick the sack up and steady the barrel while pouring it out of the sack.

I guess it is a girl thing.
Pour some out of the sack into a bucket to make it lighter or scoop it from the sack to the feeder.

Jed, a lot had to do with my hands going out. I put the mineral feeders up at the other farms, but I do not take care of the cattle there now. My husband does that. I just hobby it with the few I have here at the house now.

I have the ground feeders with a big rubber mat that covers the top. The cattle go to it, and raise the circular mat up and eat what they want from it. The mat keeps the mineral dry.

Dun's mineral feeders work great as when hung from a chain as he describes, keeps the mineral dry as it acts like a wind vane. And they were so inexpensive too. It is a great feeder.

Chuckie":3kk9xuh3 said:
Jed, a lot had to do with my hands going out. I put the mineral feeders up at the other farms, but I do not take care of the cattle there now. My husband does that. I just hobby it with the few I have here at the house now.

I have the ground feeders with a big rubber mat that covers the top. The cattle go to it, and raise the circular mat up and eat what they want from it. The mat keeps the mineral dry.

Dun's mineral feeders work great as when hung from a chain as he describes, keeps the mineral dry as it acts like a wind vane. And they were so inexpensive too. It is a great feeder.
We use the barrel feeders some but what we use the most is 270 gallon totes with a hole cut in two sides. Can move them with hay forks if you want also.

alisonb":17m48ccw said:
Commercialfarmer":17m48ccw said:
Otherwise, I'm just here for others to gleam from my knowledge and enjoy having been able to associate with me. :hide: :lol2:
:clap: Many a true word said in jest :lol:

:lol2: Do I have to add you to my list? I thought talking to myself was bad, won't be long and I'll be typing to myself as well. :lol2:

Latest posts