Has anyone noticed?

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks":2do6s7qr said:
Remington is laying off. Slow sales. There was rampant hoarding of guns and ammo the past few years due to fears (ultimately, one must fairly note, unfounded) that there would be gun control measures passed. So, the new regime is bad for gun and ammo manufacturers and their employees I guess? A weird world...

http://freebeacon.com/issues/may-2017-s ... es-record/
We're going to need lots of guns and ammo to rid this country of the deadbeats, freeloaders and terrorists.

M.Magis":chqzqvsj said:
cowgirl8":chqzqvsj said:
M.Magis":chqzqvsj said:
The only place they've been hard to find around here is Walmart. The sporting goods stores have been well stocked for years.
Nah, i'm around a lot of gun people....they've been very hard to get. Even WC had trouble getting them and some powders..We were getting some 22s from a gun dealer who owns land out near us.. He couldn't get them most times, but when he did, he used them for trade or hoarded them because even he couldn't get them easily. Bass Pro would sell out of a shipment in minutes..There has not been 22s on the shelf for years at any stores. When we drove to Key West, we stopped off at various stores across the country they were not stocked anywhere...
My response wasn't a question. I've had no trouble buying 22 ammo for at least 3 years, any brand and any style. Can't speak for the whole country, but its been relatively easy to get here for a long time

same here. I buy 500 packs.. shelves have been full of them for a few years now

Nesikep":16pmgoch said:
It's an underrated round, it's one of the most lethal head shots.. power to penetrate the skull but not enough to go out.. apparently spins around in there and makes quite a mess.. Granted it's not a long range round, but on one of my target practice blocks of wood that's 2 1/2" thick of seasoned fir, it does go through it with a hollow point
I have long considered the .22 to be underrated as a defense round. May not be a one round stopper but no recoil lends itself to rapidly putting a lot of rounds on target fast with accuracy.
When I took the CC class the best group was shot by a lady shooting a .22. She delivered a lot of lead to where she wanted it to go. I think she could defend herself quite well.

Ryder":1bbi332f said:
Nesikep":1bbi332f said:
It's an underrated round, it's one of the most lethal head shots.. power to penetrate the skull but not enough to go out.. apparently spins around in there and makes quite a mess.. Granted it's not a long range round, but on one of my target practice blocks of wood that's 2 1/2" thick of seasoned fir, it does go through it with a hollow point
I have long considered the .22 to be underrated as a defense round. May not be a one round stopper but no recoil lends itself to rapidly putting a lot of rounds on target fast with accuracy.
When I took the CC class the best group was shot by a lady shooting a .22. She delivered a lot of lead to where she wanted it to go. I think she could defend herself quite well.
I've taken down a few bears with my single shot cooey.. Shot placement of course is more critical when you have less energy available.. and at bears of course I position myself in a safe spot

Latest posts