grossest thing..

Help Support CattleToday:

My grandma would make fish head soup from salmon heads. I never did get use to those eyeballs staring up at me. There are some Swedish fish dishes that she would make which I don't care to try again.

ga.prime":2ge2jj81 said:
I like cottage cheese. Forgot all about that stuff. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to go get about a half gallon and make some lasagna.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Me and you both ga.prime. I love both!!! :banana:

spoon":2gl96u58 said:
ga.prime":2gl96u58 said:
I like cottage cheese. Forgot all about that stuff. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to go get about a half gallon and make some lasagna.

Try Ricotta cheese next time. It makes much better Lasagna.

Now I can't wait for our resident CULINARY GIANT(Dun) to weigh in on that one.

3waycross":3n9gqfbg said:
spoon":3n9gqfbg said:
ga.prime":3n9gqfbg said:

My daughter the chef would agree with you 3way but I prefer cottage cheese. :D I will eat it either way tho. :lol:

chrisy":1i72l3sf said:
Lasagna, I use Ricotta, Mozzarella and real Italian Parmesan, never thought of ever using cottage cheese.
Try it you might like it! :D It's very common over here. Poor mans lasagna. :)

chrisy":1la0oqf0 said:
Lasagna, I use Ricotta, Mozzarella and real Italian Parmesan, never thought of ever using cottage cheese.

You are doing it right. It is also not incorrect to mix your red sauce with a bechemel sauce to use on lasagna. That is done in Northern Italy.

3waycross":3auwrvcz said:
spoon":3auwrvcz said:
ga.prime":3auwrvcz said:

I prefer cottage cheese in mine that ricotta stuff is nasty

My wife is Italian and still makes lasagna from her great-grandmothers recipe. She would slap me silly if I suggested using cottage cheese in place of ricotta.

pdfangus":1ufs4eyz said:
spectator":1ufs4eyz said:
This thread has taken a very interesting turn!

YEAH IT HAS :cowboy: :cowboy:

I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY GROSS LASAGNA. EVEN THE FROZEN WALMART BRAND IS GOOD.
Yuck, never had one I could stomach.

We had homemade "Stouffers" chicken parmasean for the first time last night, pretty good stuff.

Tried to take the wife out to eat tonight, but after 4 hours of vaccinating/worming cows we were so dirty that she was ashamed to be seen in the restaurant near one of our farms. She made me go in and pick up the food to bring home, don't know why she cares so much what others think about how we dress/look? Doesn't bother me the slightest to sit down and eat with fertilizer falling off my britches and boots.

cfpinz":zvk8sxu2 said:
We had homemade "Stouffers" chicken parmasean for the first time last night, pretty good stuff.

Tried to take the wife out to eat tonight, but after 4 hours of vaccinating/worming cows we were so dirty that she was ashamed to be seen in the restaurant near one of our farms. She made me go in and pick up the food to bring home, don't know why she cares so much what others think about how we dress/look? Doesn't bother me the slightest to sit down and eat with fertilizer falling off my britches and boots.
Women seem to be funny that way. Mine won;t even go into a fast food joint wearing sweat pants. Gotta dress nice. I've alwasy figured if I've knocked off the big chunks I'm pretty well spiffied up

dun":1sme35tu said:
Women seem to be funny that way. Mine won;t even go into a fast food joint wearing sweat pants. Gotta dress nice. I've alwasy figured if I've knocked off the big chunks I'm pretty well spiffied up

Not even the Swiss Miss Cafe burger joint? I know it's a classy joint but I didn't see a dress code on the door.

years ago a buddy was helping me haul a bunch of cows to the sale.an we was hot sweaty an dirty.so on the last load we stopped at a steakhouse to eat.an every1 was giving us dirty looks because we was sweaty an dirty.

Latest posts