grossest thing..

Help Support CattleToday:

And some peope raise their eyebrows about us good ole boys (aka rednecks) eatin possum. :???:[/quote]
If I ever have to travel to one of those places, I'll pack a good suply of sardines, pork-n-beans, and crackers. Love um.[/quote]......... you musta worked in a sawmill at one time,, you ever eat souse meat on a hunny bunn :cowboy:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3tdekxk8 said:
I just joined this thread. You guys are a riot! Hoss - what a surprise! You're an adverturist little bugger. And Christi you're right on his heals. Nice laugh!
I eat raw quahogs (little necks - clams, whatever you want to call them) I'm from Rhode Island, and we call them quahogs! LOVE THEM. slice them open & put some cidar vinegar on it - yum!

I'm probably a cross between adventuresome and stupid. I figure I'll try anything once. If I don't like it I won't eat it again unless I have to. I am a believer that when in Rome etc., etc. I figured that I am getting opportunities that not many people get to experience. I want to take it all in. As far as being a "little bugger" Jeanne......I want to tell you that nobody has called me "little" since I was about 4 years old :lol: I might even give TTCLM a run for his money on size :cboy:

HOSS":3n3ei3z3 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":3n3ei3z3 said:
I just joined this thread. You guys are a riot! Hoss - what a surprise! You're an adverturist little bugger. And Christi you're right on his heals. Nice laugh!
I eat raw quahogs (little necks - clams, whatever you want to call them) I'm from Rhode Island, and we call them quahogs! LOVE THEM. slice them open & put some cidar vinegar on it - yum!

I'm probably a cross between adventuresome and stupid. I figure I'll try anything once. If I don't like it I won't eat it again unless I have to. I am a believer that when in Rome etc., etc. I figured that I am getting opportunities that not many people get to experience. I want to take it all in. As far as being a "little bugger" Jeanne......I want to tell you that nobody has called me "little" since I was about 4 years old :lol: I might even give TTCLM a run for his money on size :cboy:
I'm right there with you Hoss..my thoughts exactly when in Rome n' all...I like to see the Countries as the natives...and my best time of that was in Sri Lanka...if it hadn't been for the carnage and what went on, the time in the Rain forest would have been the best...my reckoning is that the place we stayed in should get a grant from the Country and make it a proper camp site and I reckon they would make a killing. Not to commercial though. ie proper toilets...and a shower block that is about it.
Quahogs are nothing not much different than an Oyster and that's normal for raw eating....try some minced sheeps eye, tomato's and a sauce a bit like tabasco, with a few roti's (flat breads)or taco's. An aquired taste I can tell you. Happy eating... :tiphat:

chrisy":2sp7cfmq said:
HOSS":2sp7cfmq said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2sp7cfmq said:

I'm right there with you Hoss..my thoughts exactly when in Rome n' all...I like to see the Countries as the natives...and my best time of that was in Sri Lanka...if it hadn't been for the carnage and what went on, the time in the Rain forest would have been the best...my reckoning is that the place we stayed in should get a grant from the Country and make it a proper camp site and I reckon they would make a killing. Not to commercial though. ie proper toilets...and a shower block that is about it.
Quahogs are nothing not much different than an Oyster and that's normal for raw eating....try some minced sheeps eye, tomato's and a sauce a bit like tabasco, with a few roti's (flat breads)or taco's. An aquired taste I can tell you. Happy eating... :tiphat:
let's dont,, and say we did.. i'll substitute for a charbroiled T bone

alacattleman":2xhn8il5 said:
And some peope raise their eyebrows about us good ole boys (aka rednecks) eatin possum. :???:
If I ever have to travel to one of those places, I'll pack a good suply of sardines, pork-n-beans, and crackers. Love um.[/quote]......... you musta worked in a sawmill at one time,, you ever eat souse meat on a hunny bunn :cowboy:[/quote]

Never worked in a sawmill. but have worked many other places where if you wanted to eat, you had better bring it with you. Which in my case, was what ever was left over from the night before, or in the cupboard on the way out the door. When you can't tote a cooler in the summer, you carry canned stuff. Ate a lot of hoop cheese and stage planks for dessert.

you ever eat souse meat on a hunny bunn [/quote]
I had soused meat a lot when a small child I used to love it, I mostly pinched out the jelly, but what is a hunny bunn? as I only know that as a girl, a sweetheart.

chrisy":3usn4o2q said:
you ever eat souse meat on a hunny bunn
I had soused meat a lot when a small child I used to love it, I mostly pinched out the jelly, but what is a hunny bunn? as I only know that as a girl, a sweetheart.[/quote] honey bunn... sugar glazed dough

me neither,, but a friend of mine worked at a saw mill seen a fellow coworker put a piece of souse between two honey buns,

alacattleman":2thcn0ch said:
chrisy":2thcn0ch said:
you ever eat souse meat on a hunny bunn
I had soused meat a lot when a small child I used to love it, I mostly pinched out the jelly, but what is a hunny bunn? as I only know that as a girl, a sweetheart.
honey bunn... sugar glazed dough[/quote]
Ah! now I've looked them up I know what you mean we call them Chelsea Buns, sometimes they have currents in them. To put Cottage cheese (hoop), or brawn (soused meat) in them yuck....
puke.gif

Some people will eat anything that doesn't eat them first...lol!

IMO, there is "real" food. All the other stuff should be reserved for Marine Survival Training...lol.

Trust I'm not the only one that in no way would they eat worms, spiders, raw fish, and all the other weird things some cultures eat (by USA standards).

Since I haven't and have no interest in traveling to foreign countries, guess I'll never have to make a food decision for being a guest at an exotic meal...lol.

;-)

chrisy":1djp80y2 said:
To put Cottage cheese (hoop), or brawn (soused meat) in them yuck....

Hoop cheese is not Cottage cheese (and I agree Cottage cheese is nasty), it is Cheddar (or Longhorn) that is formed in a round wooden hoop, hence the name, some call it moon cheese because of its shape. You should try it sometime with Vanilla Wafers, Lemon Cookies, Stage Planks ( a type of ginger bread) or Graham Crackers which in my opinion is the best.

upfrombottom":1ev8ofu5 said:
chrisy":1ev8ofu5 said:
To put Cottage cheese (hoop), or brawn (soused meat) in them yuck....

Hoop cheese is not Cottage cheese (and I agree Cottage cheese is nasty), it is Cheddar (or Longhorn) that is formed in a round wooden hoop, hence the name, some call it moon cheese because of its shape. You should try it sometime with Vanilla Wafers, Lemon Cookies, Stage Planks ( a type of ginger bread) or Graham Crackers which in my opinion is the best.
(Hoop cheese is a firm, dry cottage cheese, similar to farmer's cheese in that most of the liquid has been pressed out. It is different from farmer's cheese in that farmer's cheese is made with milk, cream and salt, while hoop cheese is made from milk alone. a quote from a page I found on google), hence my mistake on thinking it Cottage cheese. as Cheddar here is made from milk, cream and salt, and only comes from Cheddar in Somerset. Most cheese's here are named after the place name where they come from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheddar_cheese

It may not be a mistake on your part. The local lingo dictates the definition of several things in which in other parts have different meaning. I would seriously doubt that Google or Wikipedia came to Arkansas for the definition of any term or phrase. Here you have to be careful of what you ask for, you'll never know what you might get. :nod:

I woke this morning at 4:30, and as usual I laid there for a while trying to solve world and local problems. ;-) And what do you know, I solved our biggest local problem right off. You see our local Chinese resturaunt [very popular] was closed down the other day because the inspector found unidentified meat. :shock: I thought, "well heck That ain't no problem, just call ole HOSS and one taste and it won't be unidentified any more". :lol:

rkm":1ogugbhj said:
I woke this morning at 4:30, and as usual I laid there for a while trying to solve world and local problems. ;-) And what do you know, I solved our biggest local problem right off. You see our local Chinese resturaunt [very popular] was closed down the other day because the inspector found unidentified meat. :shock: I thought, "well heck That ain't no problem, just call ole HOSS and one taste and it won't be unidentified any more". :lol:
bet it taste like chicken

I like cottage cheese. Forgot all about that stuff. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to go get about a half gallon and make some lasagna.

Latest posts