Got another dog!!! (and a seperation anxiety problem)

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
I got a 9 month old female German Sheppard on wednesday to calm my puppy down. I will post pictures when i get the chance. :D

Now to my question, she has a seperation anxiety problem, she likes to howl when she goes in her crate for the night. When she gets settled in a little better she is going to run free at night. But until then, would it be better to keep her crate in the dogs play room, or move it to my room (where the puppy's crate is)?

I would move her crate to your room personally..espc if the pup is in your room as well..she is probably very lonely by herself..

How big is her crate ? Alot of time they are too small for the dog and they actually have an anxiety attack ? Make sure she has enough room to completely stretch out and roll around in it .

Teach what you are going to continue to do.

Only bring her into your room if that is what you want in the future.

If you go to her every time she howls you will teach her to howl.

Don't go to her when she howls and your neighbours will be upset.

Catch 22.

It ended up going away on its own after a couple days. But the previous owner called us and begged for her back. Their other dog went off of food for three days, and was depressed the whole time. They offered us 6X's what we had paid for her, but we did the right thing and just gave her back. It was very sad, in the week i had her she became my protector, including checking the bathroom for monsters then gaurding the door until i came out. :) She came from good bloodlines so they had and once again plan on breeding her, so instead of taking the money we paid for her back we get a puppy out of her first litter.

Latest posts