Got a pretty

Help Support CattleToday:

Shes gonna end up in the "my girls" thread I think. Be an interesting calf sired by Big Sexy but that's what we doing this year.
That calf is getting thicker and bigger every time I see her! May have to keep the heifer too!
Mama is a bit lean right now. I don't like that. But that's about the way she was when I got her too. Must just be that "type" of cow. Idk
View attachment 30438View attachment 30439View attachment 30440
The cow is in perfect condition. That's the way a healthy cow looks.

I really bought her to calve out a re-sell.
But her temperament and all just fits right in around here. Gonna be a different kind of calf with a hereford sire but I'm thinking she's earned her stay...

Shes young enough
You look at that calf and you just tell us you don't want another'n.

Cows might be high right now, but now so high as that I'd pass on the money she can make, but only you can know what suits you best. How's the temperament on the calf? She looks like an easy sort.

You look at that calf and you just tell us you don't want another'n.

Cows might be high right now, but now so high as that I'd pass on the money she can make, but only you can know what suits you best. How's the temperament on the calf? She looks like an easy sort.
Shes pretty fast/flighty. 😆
Not as easy going as her mama. But not aggressive either. That may settle down come weaning time and me carrying feed for a week two. Who knows really.

She reminds me a little bit of the big yellow cow I have at my lease place. As far as size/growth etc. Shirley (the big yeller cow) is pretty dang chill tho. I think this calf has the frame and muscle to rival Shirley. Here she is next 1900lb Big Sexy!
20221224_121040.jpg
And a couple close ups..
20220702_110523.jpg20220702_110601.jpg

Last edited:
Not as easy going as her mama. But not aggressive either. That may settle down come weaning time and me carrying feed for a week two. Who knows really.

She reminds me a little bit of the big yellow cow I have at my lease place. As far as size/growth etc. Shirley (the big yeller cow) is pretty dang chill tho. I think this calf has the frame and muscle to rival Shirley. Here she is next 1900lb Big Sexy!
View attachment 31424
And a couple close ups..
View attachment 31425View attachment 31426
That cow is too fat for her own good. Are you feeding her? I like easy keepers but if she's that fat on hay or grass she's a little easier than I like them. But she's damn pretty. Does she raise a heavy calf?

View attachment 31424
And a couple close ups..
Back in the 70's, when Simmental were still yellow and white, a lot of people bred Char x Simm or Simm x Char crosses, and this is what they looked like.

View attachment 31424
And a couple close ups..
View attachment 31425View attachment 31426
I'll bet a shiny quarter Shirley ain't got no Corriente in her.

Shirley just stays that way. Stays fat on air. She gets a bite or two thru winter with everyone else. But even with a calf on her she holds great condition. Raises a great calf. Her last one was an almost solid red steer by my hereford. Bred hereford she's had a yellow white face. A red. Her first calf was by my bwf bull. Silver white face. All good calves.

I got her pretty cheap from a fella off Craig's down by Ada ok.

I'd love to have a field full like that. We have a couple that stay fat on nothing, and breed right back and raise some of the bigger if not the biggest calves... I'll take some like that anyday. And this from a person with Dairy cows all through my cattle raising times, and many dairy x cattle in the herd.. although the dairy is getting diluted out as we keep breeding back beef...

Latest posts