Got a pretty

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess it's just the way that these boards show no emotion. I don't have a problem with you. But you know that Mississippi has always been the subject of criticism. No harm meant here. You welcome anytime.
Every state has a state or collection of states that make fun of them, I think it's best to just engage it with good humor if it's in good humor. Except for Yankee states, they must accept their haranguing for their many crimes.

I never said anything about whether or not you'd defend your state. The better question is why you're letting a stranger on the internet get your goat over something so trivial as hacking on your state, but it's your prerogative. I'll be passing through Mississippi again tomorrow ;)
Sounds like y'all do a lot of traveling, just be safe out there.

Every state has a state or collection of states that make fun of them, I think it's best to just engage it with good humor if it's in good humor. Except for Yankee states, they must accept their haranguing for their many crimes.
Yea, I know. But when you're the bottom state, kinda fun to throw it back at people. My wife says that's my dry sense of humor. No harm that I meant. I think we need to let this thread resume. Again, I was not trying to start anything.

Yea, I know. But when you're the bottom state, kinda fun to throw it back at people. My wife says that's my dry sense of humor. No harm that I meant. I think we need to let this thread resume. Again, I was not trying to start anything.
I agree, but as a parting comment, Mississippi being the "bottom state" is something that you can be thankful for, I've never heard many Yankees or Californians say they want to move to Mississippi. Y'all have it all to yourselves.

Always figured Mississippi for a bottom! 🤣

Ya know why it's so windy in Oklahoma right? It's because Kansas sucks and Texas blows 😑 😒 😐 🙄

Guess I'll go put my overalls and straw hat on now. I've got a Marlboro to smoke and corn to hoe...
Other than making hay, most of Texas is brutal during the summer.

I like it in the winter time!
How do you like her?
She's not a spring chicken but can still raise a calf.
I keep telling my daughter n law I need cream to make butter with, but she's always having grand babies lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 25
Heifer selling tomorrow. With prices the way they are, I expect the cow will be free.
I was gonna wean her with thoughts of keeping MAYBE. After her crap today, she's outta here. I won't tolerate jumpers and gate pounders.
2 most recent pics of her.
20230904_091326.jpg
20230809_201423.jpg
Mama is looking for her. She looks pretty decent for just weaning a big ol girl. I'll update with weight on the calf tomorrow.
20230913_132240.jpg

Heifer selling tomorrow. With prices the way they are, I expect the cow will be free.
I was gonna wean her with thoughts of keeping MAYBE. After her crap today, she's outta here. I won't tolerate jumpers and gate pounders.
2 most recent pics of her.
View attachment 34941
View attachment 34942
Mama is looking for her. She looks pretty decent for just weaning a big ol girl. I'll update with weight on the calf tomorrow.
View attachment 34943
That's a hell of a nice looking heifer, Murray. But yeah, attitude can send them down the road... If she doesn't act crazy in the ring she should bring good money.

That's a hell of a nice looking heifer, Murray. But yeah, attitude can send them down the road... If she doesn't act crazy in the ring she should bring good money.
She was pretty fired up!
And I didn't even mess with her. The others were all like puppies. Just easy going as can be. Steers. It's always the steers.

I shouldn't say that. I've got a couple heifers now that we're always easy going.

Not a bad price at all. She was definitely a nice looking heifer but do not blame you for getting rid of her due to attitude. The small group of F1s i bought last summer, 2 of em tried fighting me in the sorting alley. Decision was cemented in right then and there to get rid of em. (They were put in the trailer less than a hour later and taken to okc.) They had 6 months at that point to "settle down." Though, to be honest, i probably do tolerate a bit more, umm, rambunctiousness, in the holding pens than others.