Here's a cutie

Help Support CattleToday:

he will make a nice herd bull for someone if he keeps his jewels attached.
Oh, yes, he will remain a bull. I have all my bulls sold and need a couple more! Only have 3 cows left to calve. 1 is late !!! fingers crossed for a bull. This is NOT normally what I wish for. But, I have orders for more bulls than I have on the ground. VERY unusual year. I choose every mating with a heifer in mind. All males are "cash flow". They all get sold in October after wean/preconditioned.

Oh, yes, he will remain a bull. I have all my bulls sold and need a couple more! Only have 3 cows left to calve. 1 is late !!! fingers crossed for a bull. This is NOT normally what I wish for. But, I have orders for more bulls than I have on the ground. VERY unusual year. I choose every mating with a heifer in mind. All males are "cash flow". They all get sold in October after wean/preconditioned.
Is sexed semen available for the bulls you use?

Warren - most of them. I never use it because I want a mixture of heifers and bulls. The steers/bulls are my cash flow. All are sold in October after weaning and pre-conditioning. When I flush, I always do IVF reverse sort for heifers.

Warren - most of them. I never use it because I want a mixture of heifers and bulls. The steers/bulls are my cash flow. All are sold in October after weaning and pre-conditioning. When I flush, I always do IVF reverse sort for heifers.
I was just wondering if you had orders for X number of bulls, of you used sexed semen to make sure you got them. Or,. if you had a specific cow you wanted a daughter out of for replacement, etc.

I breed ALL my cows for a heifer. They are my money makers - males are, as I said, cash flow. I "know" I have a paycheck each October. Heifers are an income - whenever!!! Never know. Right now, I have at least 4 spoken for. I offer to sell "pick" of my AI heifers prior to April for $4500 - just ONE. So, they have to commit and pick before April. I am gambling that they won't pick the TOP heifer. If they do, oh well - hopefully they show her and promote my farm!! After their pick, most will be priced from $4500 - $6000. Right now WE can't pick our top heifer - or heifers!!! Oldest is 43 days old to 1 week old.