Got a New Toy today!

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Well I got me a new toy today, bought a New 2004 Honda FourTrax® Foreman® Rubicon TRX500FA. Found it at a Honda shop a few miles away that was New, saved thousands with it being 3 years old even though it was still new.

The Polaris Ranger's days are numbered I believe, so now I can save it strictly to work out of, and use the 4-Wheeler to check cows and get a little relaxing time outside.

My first impressions of it are great, but all new toys are that way. I hope I stay as happy as I am today.

One thing I lived about it was you can have it fully automatic or you can switch it over to Electric Shift if you are pulling or needing a constant power band.

Put it in first gear, and Low 4x4 and it has power like I never seen on a 4-Wheeler.

2004Foreman_Rubico.jpg

you will love your new toy.i bought a new 2000 honda rubicon 500 4x4 auto an i love it but be warned you will have to pull the choke on her everyday to get her to crank.i dont care if its 90 outside.but once she is warmed up she will crank fine.

bigbull338":10ii1moh said:
you will love your new toy.i bought a new 2000 honda rubicon 500 4x4 auto an i love it but be warned you will have to pull the choke on her everyday to get her to crank.i dont care if its 90 outside.but once she is warmed up she will crank fine.

I have already noticed that, kind of surprised me I had to choke it when it was almost 70 degrees and it had only set an hour or so.

I do not think it will replace the Ranger for working out of, just can not beat a Ranger/Mule for doing chores in. I have rode or raced Dirt bikes sense I was 5 years old, I think it might give me a little recreation riding as I get older and fearful of wrecking a dirt bike. :lol:

cfpinz":2zk0u33r said:
Where you gonna put your mop bucket? :lol: :lol: :lol:

cfpinz

That is why I got such a big one, it has the hitch and power to pull my small cargo trailer. :lol: But then again for them small jobs I will be customizing one of those Gun cases that fit on the rack to hold one mop. ;-)

Played a bunch on it today, and one thing that is defiantly a pain versus the Ranger is getting off and on to open gates.

I saw somewhere a little cattle guard thing that is for ATV's you do not have to dig out the ground it is raised up and you go over it like a bridge. Have to check into putting some of those in as I replace fences. You just put an extra corner post in like for a gate.

Anyone used these before?

Edit: Posted a seperate thread about the ATV Cattle Guards

Caustic Burno":2z0wvew3 said:
Nice toy I have a 4 wheeler and the mule, since getting the mule back in 02 4 wheeler is pretty lonely.

I had a fellow tell me he uses his mule every day for supplementing cattle on pasture. How many pails or baskets can you stack up onto a mule?

Stocker Steve":1dmvuzbf said:
How many pails or baskets can you stack up onto a mule?
If memory serves, in the small mule, stacking 2 high we can get around 30 5 gallon buckets, in the bigger mule probably another dozen.

Saw a Mule once with one of those automatic cake feeders like many have on back of flatbed trucks. Perfect fit for the Mule. Be pretty handy for a small operation.

You'll love the Honda; I've had mine 12 years and wouldn't take love or money for it. Never had any problems with it; finally, had to replace the original tires this spring.

That's a good lookin machine aplusmnt,and was my first choice when I was lookin for a ATV,I was talkin to the salesman about one he made me a good price on and he told me they would run about 70 MPH ?
I thought to myself ,that's all I need is to kill myself.....bought a mule,sure like the bench seat, and bed in the back...........good luck

Was wondering if this was to small 2007, 610, 4x4, 17 hrs,
$5,500.00, or has anyone had experience with this model?
thanks for the help, has windshield & soft top.

Latest posts