Finally got a tire drag

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Finally got a tire drag put together. Got it hooked up and going to try it out today.

It wasn't to bad at all drilling the holes. We just used a good bit and battery powered drill. There is a little resistance when you hit the steel belting but not too bad.

We opted against another row for right now. That one row is heavy as heck. Its not some thing one man can easily move around. Going to try it out as is first to make sure every thing else holds up before adding to it.

20230301_101130.jpg

I just built my .2 version as the first one worked so well. The second one is able to connect to the 3 pt harrow frame that I built for the chain drag. If I'm just using the tire drag to smooth out gophers without an aerator or disc in front of it I'll use the 3 pt frame. The combination I'm using now absolutely blows the sh** up. Will try to get some video today.

tire drag.jpg

Attachments

• drag frame.jpg
    drag frame.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Looks good, I think I would be attaching the chains to the railroad track so less lifting at the front though.

Ken
Agree with Ken to a point. I think the rail should be back toward the tire drag. As it is I think you could be putting
hellacious pressure on the rear gang mounts. You may not need the rail once you find the optimum distance for the drag
from the disc, jmpov

Agree with Ken to a point. I think the rail should be back toward the tire drag. As it is I think you could be putting
hellacious pressure on the rear gang mounts. You may not need the rail once you find the optimum distance for the drag
from the disc, jmpov

Wait.... what? Distance from the disc matters? Pray tell - please explain.

Here's a video of mine in action spreading cow manure. I have pulled it behind a disc with some success. On mine the sidewalls are cut out on one side. I have the option of flipping it over as the open side is more aggressive then when the sidewalls are down. With the open side up the tires can fill with dirt making it quite heavy.

Latest posts