Good Kill

Help Support CattleToday:

bball

Reaction score
All the chat on CT about handguns and ARs (I am a firearms advocate) has me wondering about the concept in the movie Good Kill. If we have and are mainstreaming this type of technology, well, it will be awful tough to compete with 'all enemies, foreign and domestic' as this sort of thing becomes more common.

BBall I try to be optimistic but I am also a realist. My feeling is that things will get worse before they get better. I believe that there are too many people in the world and that society is gonna have to hit rock bottom and then rebuild. But I sure hope I'm wrong.

We the people stand no chance against foreign or domestic armies. But I have come to the realization that we will be fighting for our food and lives one of these days. Hopefully the freeloaders and deadbeats have been stocking up on liquor and drugs instead of bullets. I think when SHTF happens the law and armed services will take a back seat and look out for themselves. During the hurricane in Louisiana and the rioting in Kansas City in Baltimore the government just stood by watched.

True Grit Farms":bf6c78tj said:
We the people stand no chance against foreign or domestic armies. But I have come to the realization that we will be fighting for our food and lives one of these days. Hopefully the freeloaders and deadbeats have been stocking up on liquor and drugs instead of bullets. I think when SHTF happens the law and armed services will take a back seat and look out for themselves. During the hurricane in Louisiana and the rioting in Kansas City in Baltimore the government just stood by watched.

Cannot imagine what SHTF will do to my standard of living. As I get older, I have discovered I need less of everything including sex. Not that I don't still enjoy it but a little bit lasts a lot longer. What will grieve me the most is losing a source of good red wine.

True Grit Farms":139l365i said:
Doesn't wine get better with age? Get you a barrel or two of red wine and you'll be set.

Everything gets better with age. Especially a frisky old gentleman like me. When I was young, I was a three pump chump. :D

I stole that line from Justified. Remember when Raylan Givens goes into the bordello and turns to immediately leave. The prostitute says "they are going to think you are a three pump chump". He gives her $10 and says "well, honey, tell them it was the best three pumps you ever had". :banana:

inyati13":1f51vlmk said:
True Grit Farms":1f51vlmk said:

Cannot imagine what SHTF will do to my standard of living. As I get older, I have discovered I need less of everything including sex. Not that I don't still enjoy it but a little bit lasts a lot longer. What will grieve me the most is losing a source of good red wine.

You really need to learn to be more self sufficient and learn to make your own wine. Just think of how much a good bottle of wine would be worth if the SHTF. Or whiskey for that matter. George Washington typically made 11,000 gallons a year and would occasionally ration it to his troops. So with that in mind, could direct your own personal army while tending your still because you'd be too valuable to be on the front line. But then again, I don't know how Washington did what he did with an army of blind men since we all know untaxed whiskey will certainly blind you.

JMJ Farms":3jn1wu95 said:
BBall I try to be optimistic but I am also a realist. My feeling is that things will get worse before they get better. I believe that there are too many people in the world and that society is gonna have to hit rock bottom and then rebuild. But I sure hope I'm wrong.
I agree with what you say and I hope we are both wrong.

Bball, technology is impossible to protect. The genius of the US is its technology. Corporations on the order of Cisco and Intel copyright technology and release their goods for the world to illegally copy. International Copyright law and proprietary domain is not effective. When a new technology is released in the US, international corporations take it to their engineers and break it down to see how it works. They tweak it here and there and release it as theirs. The reason we lead the world in technology is we still have the resources to better utilize technology.

It is a wonder that more of our military technology has not been used against us. For example, a suitcase size nuclear device would devastate the US. As an EPA employee, I was trained for first responder duties should a dirty bomb be used in a US city. EPA is the US Federal agency that has primary responsibility for responding to a domestic nuclear event. Terrorism as we have seen it employed so far is a tip toe through the tulips in comparison to the residual contamination a nuclear device would do to a major city. Imagine a city like St Louis being uninhabitable for 20 years. And the fear factor that the city you live in might be next.

PS: tried three times to fix one word. Hope I got it right this time.

Maybe hold an EPA convention in Ferguson? I don't know it just sounded like a good idea to me. We need jobs in the US of A, and that would do it.

True Grit Farms":xtgf52bu said:
Maybe hold an EPA convention in Ferguson? I don't know it just sounded like a good idea to me. We need jobs in the US of A, and that would do it.

You are honest. That is good for over looking some of your tiny flaws. ;-)

The problem all of us have in shtf is we will be overrun by the masses exodus from the coast and cities. Hungry desperate people will be just as big a problem as the hood rats and crack heads.
Hard for one man to safely guard 100/200 acres 24/7/365.
You would have to form some kind of neighbor militia or have a big clan.
It would be a quick exodus as soon as the food ran out, read somewhere most majors cities only have enough food for three days with out incoming shipments.

Caustic Burno":ohedsp94 said:
The problem all of us have in shtf is we will be overrun by the masses exodus from the coast and cities. Hungry desperate people will be just as big a problem as the hood rats and crack heads.
Hard for one man to safely guard 100/200 acres 24/7/365.
You would have to form some kind of neighbor militia or have a big clan.
It would be a quick exodus as soon as the food ran out, read somewhere most majors cities only have enough food for three days with out incoming shipments.

I spend ZERO time contemplating SHTF. HeII, I am 65.

A SHTF scenario would be tragic for everyone but much worse for a parent with children. I would try to help someone in that situation.

Normal people would not stand a chance, really what is 99% of any of us going to do if something as simple as a Bradly or JLTV pulls into the farm. They will be wearing body armor & helmets and how big is the sh-t storm going to be when they direct a predator to your location to "make an example"

Hungry desperate people would be an issue. I don't want to come across as weird but just realistic. Decapitate a couple and mount their heads on post at the end of the lane will work for a while. What is anyone going to do when the military or national guard rolls up and "requisitions" 10 steers to feed the troops. I am not going to do sh-t with a 50 cal pointed at me or my family. I would be happy to provide refuge to good decent people but you can only sustain so many and how do you sort the good from those with evil intentions. We could live for a long time with the corn, soybeans and beef we have, collect water, cut wood & hunt, biggest problem I see is getting you hands on the medicine you might need and fuel. Oh and batteries I need my EOTech my eyes are to bad for peep sights. Our family and a few select friend have discussed jokingly a clan would be formed, I tell them when it starts make it to the farm and you will be safe, all of the men and women hunt but you never know how a person is going to react to taking a life.