Good Kill

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":2k054e64 said:
Bball, technology is impossible to protect. The genius of the US is its technology. Corporations on the order of Cisco and Intel copyright technology and release their goods for the world to illegally copy. International Copyright law and proprietary domain is not effective. When a new technology is released in the US, international corporations take it to their engineers and break it down to see how it works. They tweak it here and there and release it as theirs. The reason we lead the world in technology is we still have the resources to better utilize technology.

It is a wonder that more of our military technology has not been used against us. For example, a suitcase size nuclear device would devastate the US. As an EPA employee, I was trained for first responder duties should a dirty bomb be used in a US city. EPA is the US Federal agency that has primary responsibility for responding to a domestic nuclear event. Terrorism as we have seen it employed so far is a tip toe through the tulips in comparison to the residual contamination a nuclear device would do to a major city. Imagine a city like St Louis being uninhabitable for 20 years. And the fear factor that the city you live in might be next.

PS: tried three times to fix one word. Hope I got it right this time.

This is what I have been pondering. Precisely this. It is amazing that more of our technology hasn't been utilized against us. My brother in law, an officer in USAF, visited recently. One of the major concerns in military intelligence today is combating cyber-terrorism. He said even the good ol US military is significantly behind in combating cyber threats from groups far advanced in cyber warfare. Said it is truly serendipitous that we haven't had a major event...yet.

Caustic Burno":1uz21hm2 said:
The problem all of us have in shtf is we will be overrun by the masses exodus from the coast and cities. Hungry desperate people will be just as big a problem as the hood rats and crack heads.
Hard for one man to safely guard 100/200 acres 24/7/365.
You would have to form some kind of neighbor militia or have a big clan.
It would be a quick exodus as soon as the food ran out, read somewhere most majors cities only have enough food for three days with out incoming shipments.

I figure this is likely-not a negative type,but realistic like JMJ. I also agree o e fellow can't protect much on a decent sized scale. Hold his own castle for a while perhaps. I suspect, if it all falls apart, those folks in the city might have a hard time getting to country if fuel is an issue. Some will make it, but I hope not masses.

Latest posts