Getting Started

Help Support CattleToday:

Daworz

Reaction score
Hello,
Found this site and check it everyday and read and learn,Iam wanting too get started in raising cattle, I have very little experince in this field, but help with the cattle everytime we go to My uncle farm in Kentucky, We own alot of land now and plan to move there someday, He has cattle on the property now, he has about 100 head and splits them up,both heards have there own bull, He would help me in anyway and would love me too be there now? He always tells me too pick out a couple caves, I know there is more too it then what ive be involved with thus far, but feel like iam right in my eliment when iam there,What would be the right thing to do as far as starting out with a couple heifers and use his bull for breeding later, I would plan on selling some of the caves and always have the option for beef for the freezer. I think of my own place all the time, as far as drawing up plans how my little place will be? Sound kinda corney but i love this stuff!!! Also Great site and love too read and learn from the post!

sounds like a deal to me. the only problem would be the bulls. are they maternal sire's are terminal?if they are maternal heifers and keepers and the other.. unrelated.. bull is a terminal? you could have problems. good luck

Latest posts