Getting rid of warts

Help Support CattleToday:

Though it may take several months, they usually they go away on their own. Some people use pliers to squish them and this triggers an immune response in the animal (they also feed what they trim off to the animal, but I don't think that does anything). If the warts are affecting the steers' vision or they are show animals, then you might need to get the vet involved.

You can google "cattle warts" or do a search here on Cattle Today and get a lot of information.

I have found that time is the best remedy. Eventually they will go away on their own. As gale stated,if they are interfering with their vision I would be inclined to have them removed.

Katherine

get some capsules that you can put them in and then give them to them like you would give a pill. They will get immune to them and never have them again i use this method on my show cattle.

I have tried 3 different methods for getting rid of warts and they have all worked. The pliers, a pocket knife or leave them alone and they go away. Take your choice. I have never had to call the vet to remove them, because all these ways worked for me.

I found out the hard way that if you squish them they will spread to other cattle -- had about four with a few warts to start with , soon had 40 out of 65 with a BAd case of warts. Won't ever mess with them again.

Latest posts