Cattle warts

Help Support CattleToday:

Any recommendations for getting rid of warts. Killed me last time I sold
Went through my herd. All sale barn cows no problems never any warts. Go to a special sale for beef master and bring home a cow and her bull calf that has warts. Took 1 year but the warts went through the whole herd and now no visible signs. Unless there is something wrong with the immune system they all should work it through and show no signs given time.

We had a few heifers that had them bad all over their bodies. We pulled off some of the warts and put them into a gelatin bolus, then gave that bolus to them. After a while it cleared up the remaining warts on their bodies and they never had warts again.

We had a few heifers that had them bad all over their bodies. We pulled off some of the warts and put them into a gelatin bolus, then gave that bolus to them. After a while it cleared up the remaining warts on their bodies and they never had warts again.
And you would have had the same results if you had benign ignorance. (Dun's recipe)

The best sure fire way to get rid of warts is by wrapping a copper wire around the animals neck. In one month the warts will go away. Disappear! I did it to several animals over the years, one was so bad it was bleeding. I did the wire and in a month they were gone. I forgot about doing that as I have not had warts for a while. This was a good reminder. I just used the old electrical copper wire that came off the poles around the yard. From my understanding it is 99.9% copper. Most everything is lacking copper including you. Some of the junk they put in these mineral formulas are non absorbable junk. I learned about this from a small caption I caught in a magazine with a photo of a Mexican cow with a copper wire around its neck, in place for getting rid of warts. And boy did it work here.

The best sure fire way to get rid of warts is by wrapping a copper wire around the animals neck. In one month the warts will go away. Disappear! I did it to several animals over the years, one was so bad it was bleeding. I did the wire and in a month they were gone. I forgot about doing that as I have not had warts for a while. This was a good reminder. I just used the old electrical copper wire that came off the poles around the yard. From my understanding it is 99.9% copper. Most everything is lacking copper including you. Some of the junk they put in these mineral formulas are non absorbable junk. I learned about this from a small caption I caught in a magazine with a photo of a Mexican cow with a copper wire around its neck, in place for getting rid of warts. And boy did it work here.
LOL - in 1 month they were going to be gone with NO interception on your part. Normal warts have a short life span.

"The primary ones you see are on the face and the head, sometimes on the shoulder," says Pence. "And then there's another genus of the virus that affects the reproductive tract, so you can see them on the penis of a young bull, you can see them on the vulva of a heifer."

Warts are a common skin problem in young cattle. There are several types of bovine papilloma virus that cause warts, and they're contagious in cattle herds.

So these warts on this animal I provided Shakespeer, are going to go away in one month anyway? And why would you not want to use the copper wire to get rid of the warts on the genitalia?

Warts.jpg

LOL - in 1 month they were going to be gone with NO interception on your part. Normal warts have a short life span.
The placebo effect like putting snuff spit on a wasp sting🤣 Love it, I'm guilty of a bunch of these. But if I ever see a wart I've gotta try that wire. Just strip the ground out of a piece of romex. My grandma snuffed a bunch of my wasp stings.

No you FSA, it is in my first post which I stated around the animals neck.
Welcome to CT, Ralph.

I'm not familiar with the acronym for FSA (other than Farm Service Agency). But @wbvs58 is actually a vet and warts can and do spread to the penis (or willy, in polite company). And @Jeanne - Simme Valley is a renowned breeder of purebred Simmental. Both with extensive careers and life experience.

Time and sunshine will get rid of most warts. In the extreme case of (your cow?) Shakespear, you may want to try the vaccine and if copper wire works, you do you and I wish you the best.

Welcome to CT, Ralph.

I'm not familiar with the acronym for FSA (other than Farm Service Agency). But @wbvs58 is actually a vet and warts can and do spread to the penis (or willy, in polite company). And @Jeanne - Simme Valley is a renowned breeder of purebred Simmental. Both with extensive careers and life experience.

Time and sunshine will get rid of most warts. In the extreme case of (your cow?) Shakespear, you may want to try the vaccine and if copper wire works, you do you and I wish you the best.
Thanks TC. If you will have noticed in my previous post I presented: QUOTE: "And then there's another genus of the virus that affects the reproductive tract, so you can see them on the penis of a young bull, you can see them on the vulva of a heifer."

So as you can see I mentioned it already that the warts can be on the penis. I presented the copper cure and performed it probably five times on five different animals some time ago. Actually have not had warts since. Ragweed was asking if anyone here had any recommendations on how to get rid of warts on cattle. Not me, so it is like you are trying to push your drugs on me after I expressed I had a natural cure, copper. The copper from the wire is absorbed into the animal, and this is what the animal is craving. PERHAPS, I should have expressed myself a bit clearer from the beginning. I thought I might help someone here.

Latest posts