bull with warts

Help Support CattleToday:

gitnby

Reaction score
looking at new bull...found 1 i like but he has a couple warts 1 on lower jaw...1 between front legs ...would that be a deal breaker for you all?....ive heard warts are contagiousand dont want to spread...this is a yearling bull...have heard sometimes they go away after 2 years old.......any help is appreciated....thanks

looking at new bull...found 1 i like but he has a couple warts 1 on lower jaw...1 between front legs ...would that be a deal breaker for you all?....ive heard warts are contagiousand dont want to spread...this is a yearling bull...have heard sometimes they go away after 2 years old.......any help is appreciated....thanks
Where are you located? Need to go back into your profile and add state, at least.

If I really liked him and the price was right, I wouldn't let that be a deterrent. Those warts should fall off before too long, and not hurt anything. I'll have one or two calves a year get them, then they fall off on their own in a few weeks.

Pics of the bull?

I bet can find a better reason to buy or avoid him than warts.

As long as the warts aren't on his pointer I wouldn't worry about it .

Been struggling near two years with warts-
Why?
Because a lazy vet did not sterilization the saw before cutting horns on our animals.. vixi…
One thing that has helped was
"Tail to Jugular" blood infusion.
Take 10ml blood from tail
Then insert into jugular.
This jumps starts immune system-
Then we followed a specific regimen-
Yet the hired hands did not follow to the letter-
And stress brings them back.
Good luck, if your vet minded and like curing sick animals to begin with - then go for it-
If your like me and get tired treating sick animals - then run 😂

As long as the warts aren't on his pointer I wouldn't worry about it .
Well, there's this! One of our first bulls broke his pecker after only having him a few months. Breeder only had one bull left but he had warts in the WRONG place. Okay, send him over and we'll see what the vet can do. Or not. Trailer time = burger! Breeder replaced the bull no charge for the next breeding season.

That said, as long as it isn't anywhere valuable, I wouldn't worry about 'em. It's not uncommon for me to have a few yearling heifers with warts but they go away: benign neglect/sunshine & time. Pointless to treat them unless they're heinous & huge, in which case you wouldn't want that bull anyway.

Then there's Hairy Heel Warts, a major cattle problem in dairys and feedlots. Dairys are having all the cows walk through foot baths of chemicals. https://www.thecattlesite.com/diseaseinfo/188/digital-dermatitis-hairy-warts/

I've heard of people cutting off and grinding up the warts on horses and feeding them back to them to provoke immune function. Of course, some warts are actually sarcomas. I passed up buying a stallion because he had some warts on the girth area

Latest posts