Getting Rid Of Ring Worm?

Help Support CattleToday:

RedAngus121

Reaction score
Does Any one Know how to Get Rid of Ring Worm?

A Heifer i want to Show Face is is Pretty Bad with it. We Bought Her Later on in the Fall. Most of the other Heifers got it Earlyer But Know it has Left again.

Does Any one Know how to Treat it for Fast Healing?

RedAngus121":36py48n7 said:

A Heifer i want to Show Face is is Pretty Bad with it. We Bought Her Later on in the Fall. Most of the other Heifers got it Earlyer But Know it has Left again.

Why not call your Granddad?

Otherwise please explain:

"A Heifer i want to Show Face is Pretty Bad with it."

You want to show this animal?

She has it on her face?

Bez!

RedAngus121":tdisvq4l said:

Please learn to spell and put youir sentences together so we can understand what you are asking or saying.

I've used blue kote before, I don't know if it works but I also was told by someone spray adhesives you use for show it will suffocate the ring worm.

Most any anti-fungal product would work, Iodine, a fugal spray for plants called Cap-tan. However, I don't think any of these will work really quickly and have the hair grow back very quickly. How long before the show?

Katherine

Iodine applied just around the ring worm will make it smaller until it finally disappears. Have also used it on a dog that got a ring worm.

If you ever find a black walnut tree while walnuts are still very green and on the tree, then you can use that too. Just cut it open and rub around edge of ring worm. It stains, but it works. Something my grandfather taught me.

Good luck....

thanks for all the Info.

Very Very Nice heifer With her head Destoryed By Ring Worm its really been Bothering me. I hope it works so i take some Pictures.

Just_a_girl":uwk3ima1 said:
If you ever find a black walnut tree while walnuts are still very green and on the tree, then you can use that too. Just cut it open and rub around edge of ring worm. It stains, but it works. Something my grandfather taught me.

Good luck....

Make sure you have gloves on if you use walnuts, the stain doesn't easily come off. Walnut - especially the husks, have juglone in them, a chemical that is toxic to other plants and animals. Woodworkers have been using that stain your referring to for hundreds of years to color wood.

Ringworm will spring up here on occassion, and as my Vet has said......unless you are showing................it's really a non- issue that will go away in time.

Captan seems to do the trick, anti-fungals do the trick, iodine does the trick, BUT, time is the greatest healer of ringworm that I have ever known.

Now, all the books tell me it's mostly a 3 season infection, but I don't agree, I see it in summer as well as any other time.

The books also tell me it is an infection of younger cattle, that are poorly managed and fed, but again, I disagree, I feed very well, even over feed as I am told at times, and sometimes I get it here , on ALL ages of cattle. I see RW in cattle herds that are even overconditioned.

The most important thing you need to be careful of,is, that you don't bring it home with you. Been there done that years ago, and I had to sleep alone for some time.........

Athletes foot spray, desitin or like. Worked well on our bull's tail hair started growing back in a few days. Be careful they don't like the sound of the spray can.
DMc

shorthorn cowgirl":2v23vqer said:
Save your old car oil, dab some on there ever night and morin and it will be gone in like a week or so!

I have heard of doing that cowgirl just never tried it. good advice :)

Latest posts