Future of Coal

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3kj0jaju said:
True Grit Farms":3kj0jaju said:
Private property rights getting trampled through government bs at its finest.

There are no private property rights that's an illusion.
You don't even own the property you rent it. Don't believe that stop paying your property tax.
That is why tax should be a sales tax.

Pretty dam cheap rent. And if you don't pay this sales tax??

TexasBred":2p3lekbw said:
Caustic Burno":2p3lekbw said:
True Grit Farms":2p3lekbw said:

You don't even own the property you rent it. Don't believe that stop paying your property tax.

Just like a liberal to think paying taxes on private property is cheap.
Sales tax is easy to collect on that dollar when its spent.

If times got bad you might able to tighten your belt and starve your way through a depression without loosing your land to the government. Without any property taxes I know I could survive and keep my property.

Caustic Burno":6edkbo7g said:
True Grit Farms":6edkbo7g said:

I appreciate your point, what you are saying is that there are not "absolute infinite" property rights. If someone can charge you a tax and then seize your property if you fail to pay it, thus, you don't have absolute property rights. However, the deed to property does come with real rights. For example, I have the right to the fundamental privilege to own, use, enjoy and manage my farm. But even in that, those rights have limitations such as zoning ordinances, paying taxes, etc.

It goes back to the discussion I have had with Zirlotkim - there is no such state as absolute freedom. If I had absolute freedom, I could drive to my neighbors house, walk in, eat his food, kill his dog and take his cows without consequences.

True Grit Farms":8nb8tjyj said:
If times got bad you might able to tighten your belt and starve your way through a depression without loosing your land to the government. Without any property taxes I know I could survive and keep my property.

This what Americans spent last year tax 10% every transaction.
If you don't spend your not taxed most Americans won't be able to not use their debit card. This gets everyone no exceptions.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31222/nu ... heir-money

Caustic Burno":3ie9i6dq said:
TexasBred":3ie9i6dq said:
Caustic Burno":3ie9i6dq said:

Just like a liberal to think paying taxes on private property is cheap.
Sales tax is easy to collect on that dollar when its spent.
CB your property taxes are a bargain for "rent". lolol Sales tax is collected but then it must be remitted to the government. That's where it often stops.

True Grit Farms":1hr027i5 said:
Situation like that do you think the gov't would want the hassle of owning and maintaining millions of small pieces of property??

TexasBred":rm8jwnx4 said:
True Grit Farms":rm8jwnx4 said:
Situation like that do you think the gov't would want the hassle of owning and maintaining millions of small pieces of property??

Didn't bother the banks.
For a dollar or a land deed man will break every one of the commandments.

TexasBred":2sy0vtyk said:
True Grit Farms":2sy0vtyk said:
No they'd just sell the property at tax sales.

Caustic Burno":3bfir6rf said:
If you truly own something you shouldn't have to pay the government to keep it.
No if's ands or but's.
You're paying the government for use of their facilities...highways, freeways, schools, police, military etc. etc. etc.

Our Republic is based on old English principles going back to the Magna Carta. In fact, the Magna Carta was fundamentally about the right of a private individual versus a King or Noble to own land. Taxes came with the right.
Property taxes have deep roots.

In a Republic the emphasis is on the better good of the whole rather than the individual while still protecting the individual to the extent that it does not infringe on the interests of the whole. Hence, where eminent domain comes from. The government has the AUTHORITY under eminent domain to seize property if it is the interest of the whole.

TexasBred":2qlwy0lf said:
Caustic Burno":2qlwy0lf said:
No if's ands or but's.
You're paying the government for use of their facilities...highways, freeways, schools, police, military etc. etc. etc.

I don't have a deed to none of the above. Everything you listed is public property.

TexasBred":1zqbtfbz said:
Caustic Burno":1zqbtfbz said:
No if's ands or but's.

That's one way of looking at it I've never thought of. But what do non land owners pay to use those same facilities?

Craig Miller":39f3unuc said:
TexasBred":39f3unuc said:
Caustic Burno":39f3unuc said:
No if's ands or but's.

That's one way of looking at it I've never thought of. But what do non land owners pay to use those same facilities?

Craig. That is a long debated issue. Non land owners also don't pay school taxes which are figured into your property tax assessment.

Bright Raven":1tzunc9t said:
Craig Miller":1tzunc9t said:
TexasBred":1tzunc9t said:

Craig. That is a long debated issue. Non land owners also don't pay school taxes which are figured into your property tax assessment.

That is the reason sales tax is the only fair route.

Caustic Burno":2sy9gpxa said:
Bright Raven":2sy9gpxa said:
Craig Miller":2sy9gpxa said:

I have thought, when I no longer want to continue to raise cattle, I am selling the farm and finding a convenient place to rent. When you consider taxes, up-keep, insurance, etc. I think it makes more sense for a senior to rent.

Bright Raven":1zzifqwq said:
Our Republic is based on old English principles going back to the Magna Carta. In fact, the Magna Carta was fundamentally about the right of a private individual versus a King or Noble to own land. Taxes came with the right.

In a Republic the emphasis is on the better good of the whole rather than the individual while still protecting the individual to the extent that it does not infringe on the interests of the whole. Hence, where eminent domain comes from. The government has the right under eminent domain to seize property if it is the interest of the whole.
Governments do not have rights. Only people have rights. Governments can/should have a role in securing rights. Anything more than that can only suppress individual rights.

Bright Raven":1kuodo5g said:
Caustic Burno":1kuodo5g said:
Bright Raven":1kuodo5g said:

I have thought, when I no longer want to continue to raise cattle, I am selling the farm and finding a convenient place to rent. When you consider taxes, up-keep, insurance, etc. I think it makes more sense for a senior to rent.

As your landlord you can bet I have earmarked a portion of your monthly rent to pay my tax bill.

There are no free lunches.

zirlottkim":2oueyik5 said:
Bright Raven":2oueyik5 said:

In a Republic the emphasis is on the better good of the whole rather than the individual while still protecting the individual to the extent that it does not infringe on the interests of the whole. Hence, where eminent domain comes from. The government has the right under eminent domain to seize property if it is the interest of the whole.
Governments do not have rights. Only people have rights. Governments can/should have a role in securing rights. Anything more than that can only suppress individual rights.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts