Fuel light staying on Kubota m4700

Help Support CattleToday:

CowpokeJ

Reaction score
I've got a 95 m4700, the fuel light that comes on when you turn the ignition, stays on. Friend said maybe water detector is on side of fuel bowl that filter sits in. Maybe water in bowl. Help! Whats the fix? I tried draining the bowl...

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1bpgfctn said:
I have a 04 M9000 and my fuel light means getting low on fuel,has nothing to do with water in the fuel. Call a Kubota dealer and ask him about your year/model.

GEE, who ever would have thought that the dealer would know about it?

dun":61gk3fmk said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":61gk3fmk said:
I have a 04 M9000 and my fuel light means getting low on fuel,has nothing to do with water in the fuel. Call a Kubota dealer and ask him about your year/model.

My dealer would know nothing about it, would have to ship it out of state to get it worked on.

CowpokeJ":2a99xfro said:
I've got a 95 m4700, the fuel light that comes on when you turn the ignition, stays on. Friend said maybe water detector is on side of fuel bowl that filter sits in. Maybe water in bowl. Help! Whats the fix? I tried draining the bowl...

Unplug the wire from your dash from the sending unit on the fuel tank. If it is still on you have problems in wiring or the panel the light is in. If it goes out check the sending unit in or on the fuel tank. (the wire will come out of a wiring harness. It will be colored coded if you have a owners manual or parts manual it will give the color code.)

If you've drained the water out, changed the filters and the light is still on, you most likely have a bad sensor and it needs to be replaced. They are pricey - around $40 for a plug. Unhooking it from the dash or living with it is how I deal with this problem.

hillrancher":bl6qfxjy said:
dun":bl6qfxjy said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":bl6qfxjy said:

My dealer would know nothing about it, would have to ship it out of state to get it worked on.
Yeah, I'm one step ahead of you Mahoney, the problem is the same as hills. My dealer doesn't have any clue. Nore the mechanics in the back.

CowpokeJ":3llooiu3 said:
Yeah, I'm one step ahead of you Mahoney, the problem is the same as hills. My dealer doesn't have any clue. Nore the mechanics in the back.

Must be a kubota dealer trait. Of the 3 around here only one of them has a clue and actually fixes things that stay fixed

My dealer would know nothing about it, would have to ship it out of state to get it worked on.[/quote]Yeah, I'm one step ahead of you Mahoney, the problem is the same as hills. My dealer doesn't have any clue. Nore the mechanics in the back.[/quote]

Email Kubota customer service and ask them what the light means.

Assuming the tractor is "running" and not missing or losing power...I don't see the problem with a fuel light...another one of those "idiot lights"...

If you want to know how much fuel is in tank...

Take cap off, insert a clean stick into tank, measure the amount of fuel showing on the stick...

Old farmer trick used for decades...before idiot lights were invented...

LOL!!

For irritating lights that don;t mean much I usually just but a piece of duct tape over it so I don;t see it anymore

I joined your forum just so I could answer this post.

The fuel light comes on because you are low on fuel. That being said, if you have plenty of fuel in the tank, most likely the sending unit in the fuel tank has a problem.

The fuel gauge is two-fold. A: The gauge itself is activated by a float on the sending unit. B: The light on your dash is activated by a sensor on the end of a heavy wire close to the bottom of the tank. When fuel drops below that sensor, the light comes on. I know this because I just had mine apart and am now looking for a new sending unit. You could try unplugging the sending unit where it bolts into the fuel tank, (on top, right rear from the front of the engine).

By the by, very easy to take out.

Hope this helps.

Gstan":14zyi2ai said:
I joined your forum just so I could answer this post.

The fuel light comes on because you are low on fuel. That being said, if you have plenty of fuel in the tank, most likely the sending unit in the fuel tank has a problem.

The fuel gauge is two-fold. A: The gauge itself is activated by a float on the sending unit. B: The light on your dash is activated by a sensor on the end of a heavy wire close to the bottom of the tank. When fuel drops below that sensor, the light comes on. I know this because I just had mine apart and am now looking for a new sending unit. You could try unplugging the sending unit where it bolts into the fuel tank, (on top, right rear from the front of the engine).

By the by, very easy to take out.

Hope this helps.
it probably woulda helped, about 10 years ago... :cowboy:

Latest posts