Fsa idemity program...need advise!!

Help Support CattleToday:

So this cold spell happened right at the start of our calving time. Even with every added protection I could do besides put them in a barn. I still lost 1. FSA said they could more then likely pay me for the lost calf but I need pictures. My dad found the calf and left it he couldn't drag it out by hand to far. I went to get pictures just now and only thing left is a rib cage.

So do I just google a frozen calf picture or tell them up front. I did take a picture of the rib cage and blood on the snow. Any advise.

Yes, send them that picture. If they're paying you because it's a predator, I'm pretty sure even a government employee will understand that predators kill things and then eat them.

I must have missed something. Why does the government owe the farmer for a frozen dead calf? Is that in the bill of rights or one of the amendments? Is it because the government is rich? Or because the government should have stopped this climate change and did not? Or because they plan to forgive student loans? Does the amount get deducted from our third covid stimulus check or is this extra? I had a tire blow out recently. Can I get reimbursement? Just want to understand all the stuff available to me.

I must have missed something. Why does the government owe the farmer for a frozen dead calf? Is that in the bill of rights or one of the amendments? Is it because the government is rich? Or because the government should have stopped this climate change and did not? Or because they plan to forgive student loans? Does the amount get deducted from our third covid stimulus check or is this extra? I had a tire blow out recently. Can I get reimbursement? Just want to understand all the stuff available to me.
I don't either but if they want to pay for I'll let them.

If they want to and you let them that's fine... If you consider counterfeit info that's dishonest....if you do it it's criminal.....chew on it a bit.

I wouldn't waste the time and paperwork for one calf, but that's just me. But for sure just tell them what happened, be better off in long run.

The FSA has all kinds of different insurance available, crop, animal, drought, ect. I am not familiar with the animal insurance, but if you pay the premium you deserve to be paid on the claim. It is not a government handout anymore than your auto or health insurance is.

The FSA has all kinds of different insurance available, crop, animal, drought, ect. I am not familiar with the animal insurance, but if you pay the premium you deserve to be paid on the claim. It is not a government handout anymore than your auto or health insurance is.
I agree if there are premiums that have been paid. The information the FSA has online for the FIP program has no mention of premiums, just benefits.

Hence my drunken post about road hazard tire insurance. Small cost but valuable to have.

Carry on.

Insurance is insurance and if you qualify for it then use it. You are about to see a huge round of insurance claims and as a result future premiums are likely to rise.
I agree with that completely.
I just stated facts. It is a government subsidy, a handout . I'm not saying I won't be applying. But I'm not going to lie . And I'm not going to call it something that it's not. .... that's just me.

Information on the FSA LIP program. No mention of it being an insurance program with premiums - at least I do not see that in this document. Document has a table of benefit amounts. Covers cows, bison, chickens, pigs, goats, deer, etc. Pays $890 for a cow, $1157 for a bull. $163 to $951 for a non-adult beef animal depending on weight. An 800 pound calf pays more than a cow. Seems like a person with some thin marginal cattle would be encouraged to hope for an ice storm. I did not read it all. Like a lot of government stuff, it is wordy and not all based on common sense. Maybe someone who has used it can confirm there are pre-disaster premiums. I get discouraged with our many government programs.

Latest posts