Fsa idemity program...need advise!!

Help Support CattleToday:

We've killed 7 or 8 coyotes off this farm just setting in the driveway drinking coffee or beer (depends on what time)
Bad year for coyotes. I found one big new born calf still warm being eaten by 3 monster eagles a couple of weeks ago. The cow and calf looked fine other than the attack from eagles. I really think the eagles saw a quick easy kill and went for it. Predators are a problem Especially in this weather, We have several dozen vultures near by and more coyotes. I am always glad to see someone get rid of one more coyote. I may have to stay with ours to protect them. I can't shoot eagles. I can help get rid of coyotes. Good job TennesseeTuxed. Quid Pro Quo Joe may declare this a capital crime next week and declare war on Cow Lives Matter?

Im not in the government program, where they pay for your dead livestock, and I don't know much about it, but I have a cousin who is in the program and if he loses a cow, he gets a minimum of $500 for the cow, but i have seen people let an animal suffer and die instead of putting it out of it's misery just so they can get the government money for the cow.. Not saying anyone on here does it.

I have my cattle covered under my ranch insurance policy. Only covers if a car hits one, or natural disasters, lightening, etc. If a calf or cow just flop over dead, nothing happens. However, if it's an expensive bull or a couple of vet certified bred heifers that die, I can call and make a claim. However, it's all with in reason because once you start calling on every death the premiums will surely climb.

Thanks for the link.
The swamp is deep. Seems like a person could get sucked into the muck and maybe not even recognize he is in the muck. Make no mistake, the swamp stinks, is full of snakes and gators and is unhealthy. I am afraid many want the swamp drained for the people far away, but might want to keep a little bit of the swamp nearby - part of heritage and history.
A farmer needing help or money to clear snow from his driveway in order to feed his cows, or needs to remove the broken limbs on his apple trees should be able to handle that with himself, neighbors and friends. But, I see that he can get government assistance/welfare with money borrowed from China to cover those costs. Might be a double standard. Count me out on that.
Government might need a heavy dose of dewormer. Pour-on and injectable both.

Thanks for the link.
The swamp is deep. Seems like a person could get sucked into the muck and maybe not even recognize he is in the muck. Make no mistake, the swamp stinks, is full of snakes and gators and is unhealthy. I am afraid many want the swamp drained for the people far away, but might want to keep a little bit of the swamp nearby - part of heritage and history.
A farmer needing help or money to clear snow from his driveway in order to feed his cows, or needs to remove the broken limbs on his apple trees should be able to handle that with himself, neighbors and friends. But, I see that he can get government assistance/welfare with money borrowed from China to cover those costs. Might be a double standard. Count me out on that.
Government might need a heavy dose of dewormer. Pour-on and injectable bo

Thanks for the link.
Government might need a heavy dose of dewormer. Pour-on and injectable both.
Reckon they'll pay for my broken windshield wiper.. it's gonna come in under my auto deductible....

Reckon they'll pay for my broken windshield wiper.. it's gonna come in under my auto deductible....
Probably a program for that. Especially if it was broken as part of a trip to check cows or put out hay. Farmer needs help for sure. Maybe could make a bundle like they do with insurance. Wipers, tires, PVC pipe, fuel conditioners, hay, feed. Ain't your fault that it was cold. Why should you have to pay. Ain't that what government is for - to take care of people? I have never done business with the FSA. But think I will visit this week. What with cold weather and covid restrictions, I need a break. Thinking about a month in Tahiti to recover. Gonna ask that FSA guy if he can feed my cows while I am gone. With the price of travel and since I bought the new truck and tractor, I ain't gonna have enough money to buy the feed and hay. Maybe they have a program for that?

Probably a program for that. Especially if it was broken as part of a trip to check cows or put out hay. Farmer needs help for sure. Maybe could make a bundle like they do with insurance. Wipers, tires, PVC pipe, fuel conditioners, hay, feed. Ain't your fault that it was cold. Why should you have to pay. Ain't that what government is for - to take care of people? I have never done business with the FSA. But think I will visit this week. What with cold weather and covid restrictions, I need a break. Thinking about a month in Tahiti to recover. Gonna ask that FSA guy if he can feed my cows while I am gone. With the price of travel and since I bought the new truck and tractor, I ain't gonna have enough money to buy the feed and hay. Maybe they have a program for that?
I try to be honest...I've never participated in a FSA program but I'd take my cafp money, which will not a FSA program was handled by FSA. They convinced me to go ahead and get my farms signed up. It's like their salesman working on commission down there..lol.
I lost a few cows and probably lost ~40 acres of oats. And possibly a pure bermuda grass hayfield..... anyways I'm telling you this so when you go have your wife drive you and sip some whiskey on the way..... your gonna need it.

I need a break. Thinking about a month in Tahiti to recover.
Check out Fiji, the climate is nearly identical and the price difference vs Tahiti for
a month is enough to pay for a month of feed for 100 cows.

The downside on Fiji used to be headhunters, but that has mostly been abolished
years ago..... mostly :)

Well, turns out that travel to Tahiti is not allowed due to covid. Fuji and Tonga both require 14 day quarantine on arrival. May just have to go to Mexico instead if the FSA guy will put out hay while I am gone (closer and cheaper). I think I have enough hay to last until spring. I will leave my share of the government money to those who truly need it. But, if the FSA guy does not show up to put hay out and they starve while I am away, I may file for livestock loss.

Latest posts