Found some cows today

Help Support CattleToday:

First picture-13 m/o heifer out of a now 16 y/o cow, still in good flesh
2&3 (same picture)- 10 y/o
4- her January heifer calf approx. 400#
5- 4 y/o due to calve this month

These have some Octoraro and Shoshone behind them, among other older low maintenance bloodlines. The 4y/o has some newer names on the topside, should be interesting.

Good looking cows.

I found some cows today too. One of B's cows is in with my yearlings on the hill. No idea where she came from or how she got there. He doesn't have any cows within 2 or 3 miles of here. And about 8 or 10 of C's pairs and a bull are marching down the road in front of my place right now. They should be a mile to the west and up on the hill. I guess they like the hay in the feed row better than grass in the hills.

I guess I'm dumb. I got five females out of the purchase. Two cows and three heifers. Hopefully the young ones will make the cut.

My "yard ornament" longhorn that I just like, had twin heifers last year on April 5th... lost one and raised the other, real chunky nice heifer (angus sire)... she just had a white with black speckles bull calf (like her color) out of the same bull... March 6th... 11 months calving interval... her fertility has been great, calf every year and moved up 2 of the 4 calves a month...
Now if some of the black ones would do that....

Nice deal for you.

I dumbed up again, didn't look close enough. New calf is a bull not a heifer.

In my defense I don't mess with them any more than I have to when they're that fresh.

I dumbed up again, didn't look close enough. New calf is a bull not a heifer.

In my defense I don't mess with them any more than I have to when they're that fresh.

Latest posts