Ford F150 Crew Cab Pickups

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":2ak9lgfg said:
I found a SuperCrew here fairly local with a caved in door and beat up bed, right up my alley.

How nice! Geez, traveling cross country in that unit will make you look a lot like Jethro Bodine and clan.

R.T.":axnu7mnm said:
I have a 2004 F150 Crew Cab 5.4L V8 4spd auto 4X4 short 5.5 ft bed. 90,000 plus
miles no problem gets about 16 mpg. all I've had done was a front end alignment.
I think it rides smooth, comfortable with 5 passenger room. Never pulled a trailer with
it so no data to share.
Thanks,
R.T.

I have a 2005 exactly like this. 127,000 miles. I pull a 16 ft steel goose neck without any problems.

I get 10 mpg pulling the trailer loaded. Just took a 800 mile round trip in it last weekend

MistyMorning":ogi6qxhb said:
cfpinz":ogi6qxhb said:
I found a SuperCrew here fairly local with a caved in door and beat up bed, right up my alley.

How nice! Geez, traveling cross country in that unit will make you look a lot like Jethro Bodine and clan.

You should see some of the other crap I've driven across this country.

And it must take a lot of nerve to give somebody else a hard time, seeings as how you're from Minnessoooota! The only good thing to ever come out of Minnnysoty is Lyndsey Vonn!

F-150 is good for what it is. Treat it like a car and it will do you right. Comfortable, plenty of power, and good ride. After 100k miles you will need a new one. Been through many of them, highway miles mostly. The Chevy (that I beat the heck out of) I drive on the ranch is about to turn over 250k. Also have a been driving Dodge diesels for years. My favorite is the Dodge, but it will beat you to death as far as the ride goes.

I test drove an '02 F150 SuperCrew this afternoon with the 5.4 motor in it. I really liked the truck but don't know if I can put up with an automatic transmission. Why is it so hard to get a frigging stickshift anymore?

grubbie":3juoa18r said:
F-150 is good for what it is. Treat it like a car and it will do you right. Comfortable, plenty of power, and good ride. After 100k miles you will need a new one. Been through many of them, highway miles mostly. The Chevy (that I beat the heck out of) I drive on the ranch is about to turn over 250k. Also have a been driving Dodge diesels for years. My favorite is the Dodge, but it will beat you to death as far as the ride goes.

The rear end went out on my Ford at about 80K... Really a nice car ride till then, and I was able to haul all 3 bird dogs at once!

My Chev truck has 226 K on it. Had to put in a rebuilt transfer case after all the fluid disappeared :shock: , otherwise just front wheel bearings and wear parts. Local mechanic said chronic GM problems tend to be plant specific, and I got one of the good trannys. :banana:

Stocker Steve":2hin9c6u said:
, and I got one of the good trannys. :banana:

That just sounds WRONG.

If you said that in public when I was around, you'd need a good sense of humour. :lol2:

Latest posts