tell me about a 1997 f150 4.6 litre

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a 95 with the 300 six and a 95 with a 302. The 302 got much better mileage, and was faster. Those were bullet proof engines as well...the 302. But that 300 would pull anything you could hook it to. A LOT more torque.
Concur. Had a '91 F-150 with the 302 and a '91 with the diesel. The 302 pulled better even after adding an aftermarket turbo to the diesel, LOL.

Will agree that the 300 inline six deserves a lot of credit...that thing is a torque beast and pulled quite well, in my experience. Aunt had one and pulled horses to races with it...truck never missed a beat.

The price seems to be pretty much in-line with most trucks same model and year. It is 4wd. AC works. Not many other options, just a bare bones truck.
The big problem is that it is located in Colorado and I'm in Texas but current owner has offered to drive it down and I pay for his plane ticket back to Denver, which works for me. I need to find out if it has cruise control or not because of problems with my right leg and hip. I need to be able to move my right leg around pretty often on any trip more than driving around town. It does have a scratch down the right side but that isn't an issue to me.

View attachment 30173

It's been awhile since I was in a Ford truck. Might be hard to tell, but does the steering wheel appear to have cruise control buttons on it?
View attachment 30174
View attachment 30178

My intended use is a daily driver here in Central Texas, with occasional trips back to East Texas and.... a project vehicle for me. And, I am familiar with the spark plug problems on some 4.6 engines.
Would prefer a truck with a back seat but that's not a deal breaker either.
Nice looking truck. Oh, Copperas Cove... haha. It's all good at Fort Hood (Cavazos now)...

Last edited:
I passed on the truck. I really need a crewcab and something a little newer, depending on whether I ever get my health problems fixed or not. As much as I want one, there's just no sense spending any $$ on a truck if I can't drive it more than a few miles at a time.