Forage tested bull sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Just and FYI for the board members here, my mom and dad both have given me my fair share of good beatings. Let me try to show you where you taking shots gets a little annoying, Frankie. I discounted grain fed bulls in general. You happen to fall in that category and that's not my fault. You think grass developed bulls are lousy, and that's great. I think grain bulls are fluff, and hopefully you can accept that. Now, you got ticked for that and turned it personal. If I came across on a personal level, I'm very sorry. You took some pretty good shots at forage developed bulls. Not to brag, but Dad has produced some pretty nice forage bulls over the years, and wouldn't it be sort of fair for me to take that personally? It seems to me an elder giving me criticism with hopefully the intentions to make my operation better would be the one keeping things cool. We had a great discussion. It caused me to do a lot of research and learn new things, and to step back and look at my operation. Perhaps I might think of changing some things, or at least become more informed. I sincerely hope that it provided the same benefits for you. Like I said, you do your thing, and I'll do mine. Evening folks. :tiphat:

blackcowz":2dfn8dv4 said:
Just and FYI for the board members here, my mom and dad both have given me my fair share of good beatings. Let me try to show you where you taking shots gets a little annoying, Frankie. I discounted grain fed bulls in general. You happen to fall in that category and that's not my fault. You think grass developed bulls are lousy, and that's great. I think grain bulls are fluff, and hopefully you can accept that. Now, you got ticked for that and turned it personal. If I came across on a personal level, I'm very sorry. You took some pretty good shots at forage developed bulls. Not to brag, but Dad has produced some pretty nice forage bulls over the years, and wouldn't it be sort of fair for me to take that personally? It seems to me an elder giving me criticism with hopefully the intentions to make my operation better would be the one keeping things cool. We had a great discussion. It caused me to do a lot of research and learn new things, and to step back and look at my operation. Perhaps I might think of changing some things, or at least become more informed. I sincerely hope that it provided the same benefits for you. Like I said, you do your thing, and I'll do mine. Evening folks. :tiphat:

You're still being dishonest.

Yes, I took your posts personal because you addressed them to me....BY NAME.

Second: I didn't take shots at forage tested bulls. I started this thread because some people are moving to grass fed cattle. I thought some of them might be interested in this sale. OT jumped in with some similar sales. I did and do question how people make money on two year old bulls, forage developed or not.

Third: I assume you're talking about me as an elder? It may be a shock to you, but it's not my responsibility or goal to tell you or anyone how to run your operation. I can/will offer my experience to anyone who asks. But it's always their decision about using it or not.

Frankie":3km8w8hw said:
blackcowz":3km8w8hw said:

You're still being dishonest.

Yes, I took your posts personal because you addressed them to me....BY NAME.

Second: I didn't take shots at forage tested bulls. I started this thread because some people are moving to grass fed cattle. I thought some of them might be interested in this sale. OT jumped in with some similar sales. I did and do question how people make money on two year old bulls, forage developed or not.

Third: I assume you're talking about me as an elder? It may be a shock to you, but it's not my responsibility or goal to tell you or anyone how to run your operation. I can/will offer my experience to anyone who asks. But it's always their decision about using it or not.

Seems to me you have been ''telling'' a lot of people on this thread what kind oe a tested bull is the best.

Hereford76":19gwkzz0 said:
Oldtimer":19gwkzz0 said:
in a year we were again in drought- with less than 10.5 inches of rain for the year..

try less than 3.5 inches this year. i had really hoped i'd seen the worst of the worst. we went three years in a row of under 4 inches per year from 98-2000 and it didn't break until June 8, 9,10th 2001 and got 8 some inches of rain and then 1.5 foot of snow on top in those three days. Early spring 2001 most people over here that knew said it was drier than the dust bowl days. i'll trade you OT. i've always thought you guys over in eastern montana should be paying us royalties. those thunderstorms break up and roll over the divide and then suck every last drop of moisture from here and then dump in on you guys. this year has been the final blow for a lot of the guys with cows over here - calling it quits for awhile... no grass, no water, no hay, and crumy prices. oh well, next year... right?

Probably the reason the angus and hereford breeds that can survive and thrive on minimum quantities of feed - and better convert what grass they have to lbs- have prevailed in this Great American Desert area for so many years....

purecountry said:
This may be the most senseless thread I've ever read. It reads like my kids sound when they're fighting over toys. If any of you are making money at you're preferred systems, congrats.
quote]

:lol2: :p ;-)

We have hit a huge drought in my area and we have had probably 5-10 mls in the last 2 months but believe me, blk angus is hitting the road as fast, if not faster here...

Latest posts