For you Johhny Reb....and all you believe.

Help Support CattleToday:

dang....inspirational music, and I don't have speakers. :help:
I love anti-north type stuff ~ it Cracks Me Up!! :lol2:
Maybe one of you can give me the general message? :nod:

Angus/Brangus":2w0omke5 said:
ollie?":2w0omke5 said:
'bout time to try it again....

Or maybe don't even post this kind of junk to begin with?

You are the only junk being posted that I see,you transplanted yankees just dont get it,but you flock down here in droves,get you a pickup,big belt buckle,pair of blue jeans 4 inches to short and swear to everyone that will listen,you're just a plain ole southern boy.
The south is a special place to southerners,someting that a 2 bit transplanted yankee like you will never understand.
This post that you called junk is a very sensitive issue about a helluva lot of good folks that lost their life in,would sure like an opurtunity to explain that to you in person.

PS Have no intentions of getting into a keyboard fight about this,if you dont like the post move along no one is making you read this.
J Stout
830-3246520 anytime.

HAY MAKER":32u8nbqe said:
The south is a special place to southerners,someting that a 2 bit transplanted yankee like you will never understand.
Our confederate boys graves are still decorated with confederate flags on memorial day here haymaker.

ollie?":1ejju6tx said:
HAY MAKER":1ejju6tx said:
Our confederate boys graves are still decorated with confederate flags on memorial day here haymaker.

Good for yall..............lots of good men lost their lives in the civil war,something that should never be forgotten or degraded by anyone.
good luck

A/B why don't you clarify your statement so I'll know what you're talking about. Are you calling me a racist?

Angus/Brangus":n4yhnp2g said:
ollie?":n4yhnp2g said:
A/B why don't you clarify your statement so I'll know what you're talking about. Are you calling me a racist?

I don't know if you are or not but I am saying that the "youtube piece" is about at that same low level as our buddies in Jasper, IMHO.
If you're talking about the dragging death in Jasper Tx. you've got to be kidding. You think this peace about a rebel flag and some rebel generals is similiar to the scums that dragged a man to death?

This is unbelivable,arguing about a war that ended over a hundred years ago.
Their's nothing wrong about being proud of your heritage no mater if you live in the north or if you live in the south.
Having lived both in the north and south I found some real good people in both places.
But you will only find them if you wan't to.

Got to admit ya'll talk funny up nawth. :nod: :nod: :lol2: :lol2:

Cal

I beieve that song came out in mid 1960 and was sung by a fellow named Johnny Horton, who also sang The battle of New Orleans, Comanchee the brave horse, and North to Alaska, song like that were meant as a tribute not to deamonize any side,
He was killed in a car accident in 1960.

hopalong":37dx1xy1 said:
I beieve that song came out in mid 1960 and was sung by a fellow named Johnny Horton, who also sang The battle of New Orleans, Comanchee the brave horse, and North to Alaska, song like that were meant as a tribute not to deamonize any side,
He was killed in a car accident in 1960.

Yep...Johnny Horton was from my old home town..died at a young age. I really thought the little U-Tube Slide Show was nicely done. You could change the flags and the music and make the same tribute to the Union Troops. Not good when brothers have to fight brothers. Hope it never happens again.

The bickering in this thread makes me sad in one perspective.

It is also a joy in another sense to see folks so passionate about their heritage.

I think its kind of silly when well-educated people equivocate the Civil War with slavery and nothing else. The Civil War was about states' rights (of which slavery was only one issue) being subdued by the federal government. Look at the electoral map of blue and red states and you'll see we are still a nation of differences. You have all the people crammed into the population centers who are removed from what the rest of us call reality. Then there are the rest of us who feed them. Draw your own conclusions. I'm barely south of the line, but I'm proud of a southern heritage and it has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin.

The seceding southern states sincerely felt they were doing no different than their fathers did when they separated themselves from England less than 100 years earlier.

When the "Northern Army of Agression" invaded Virginia there was nothing left to do but fight, as people were more patriotic towards their home state than they were the Union at that time.

R.E. Lee was forced to fight for the south, there was no way he could fight against his neighbors/family in his beloved state of Virginia.

dyates":2p3pe1zr said:
I think its kind of silly when well-educated people equivocate the Civil War with slavery and nothing else.

Yes but the history books say otherwise. The Emancipation Proclamation came out a few years after the war started. You don't read that in history books.

To this day you can still buy slaves in much of Africa for something like $60 each. It is hard to imagine that a human life is worth less than that of cattle.

backhoeboogie":2rov8o1v said:
dyates":2rov8o1v said:
I think its kind of silly when well-educated people equivocate the Civil War with slavery and nothing else.

Yes but the history books say otherwise. The Emancipation Proclamation came out a few years after the war started. You don't read that in history books.

To this day you can still buy slaves in much of Africa for something like $60 each. It is hard to imagine that a human life is worth less than that of cattle.

This is a little off track, but I was reading a World Vision booklet last night. There's people in this world that are eating mud mixed with oil and sugar. And mommas willingly giving their babies away because they can't feed them. It makes me extremely sad to think about the conditions that exist in other parts of the world. We've got it good here in the US and I think we often take it for granted.

MikeC":1dw0hl5y said:
The seceding southern states sincerely felt they were doing no different than their fathers did when they separated themselves from England less than 100 years earlier.

When the "Northern Army of Agression" invaded Virginia there was nothing left to do but fight, as people were more patriotic towards their home state than they were the Union at that time.

R.E. Lee was forced to fight or the south, there was no way he could fight against his neighbors/family in his beloved state of Virginia.

R. E. Lee is the poster child for tough choices, given his father was a hero of the Revolution. But I don't think he could have ever fought against VA.
BTW, Fort Sumter started the shooting. Until then the North and South were doing some strange dances to avoid the inevitable.
Lincoln gets good press, but he said "If I could save the Union, and free none of the slaves...I would do that". (paraphrased)
Lincoln took a raft of Midwest produce to New Orleans as a young man. He knew the North was doomed if others controlled that river. To me, that is his genius. Imagine a world where Illinois grain cannot get to the Gulf, or has to pay tariffs. I cannot.
We are all better off that it ended like it did. United we stand and all that.
Before y'all tee off with me, my cousin snagged the CSA rifle used by my great great uncle at Chickamauga.
Y'all need to organize for reparations from the disaster which was reconstruction. :nod:

Latest posts