fimco sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

cornfarmer62

Reaction score
thinking of buying a fimco sprayer to spray insecticide on sweet corn. this on has a 3.8 gpm pump.says it will spray up to 45 ft. I need to spray the corn about 25-45 feet out and completely wet the plants. has anyone used a fimco sprayer for an application like this and with what results? thanks.

Boomless or with a boom?

At what size do you plan to spray the plants?

A boomless sprayer will have problems when the plants get large as the ones closer to the sprayer will "shade" the outer ones.

do not need a boom.I was planning to use the spraygun. I need to spray at tassel stage.will be spraying over the top of the corn. corn will be 5-6 ft. tall.

I've used a fimco. Under no wind conditions, I don't think you'll be able to spray 45 feet. 20-25 feet would be pushing it.

the fimco rep. seemed to think it would work fine at 25 feet. this one is the Lg25hv deluxe model. hate to spend $300 though if it won't work.any other thoughts on that or another method. thanks

I think it will do what you want out to 25 ft, cornfarmer. It's a very good sprayer. The only other method I know you might use would be a backpack sprayer (Stihl), but then you'd have to walk down every row middle or at least every other middle and spraying at tassle height have to contend with a lot of pesticide blowback.

Latest posts