Sprayer calculation question

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you have a true boomless or what TSC calls boomless but it's really a mini-boom?
Those mini-booms are better than they may look. Pretty pricey for what they are tho. About $150 and an end nozzle replacement is around $60.
Mini-boom:View attachment 4952
I have one of those Fimco sprayers out in the shed. Anyone who wants that piece of s**t can come get it for free. I might even help you load it up to get it out of here.

Youve got enough answers to solve it, but Id put a few gallons of water in it, and see how far it goes at a set speed. Then youll know how many gallons of water go on a known area. Work backwards from there to get a rate per acrea. Draft logic has a good area calculator.

I will agree, the metric system is simple. However, our standard system helped me get good at basic math by figuring things out by it.
You're right about the guns. Now the V8's, things are changing, a lot of diesel straight 6's anymore. What do you all have under your hoods?
Toyota Landcruiser is the standard big property vehicle with their smallish V8's but very little towing with them. Around here the 4 cylinder turbo diesel ute is very popular.

Ken

y'know, I don't know why I should have to go through so many calculations to figure out how much chemical to put in my sprayer. I have a degree in math. It is not my ability to do it, it is why should I have to? I have to figure out how fast to drive and how many acres I am covering and what concentration to put in my tank. I end up preferring to walk around with a tank that I carry.

All the nozzles I have dealt with (granted, that's not a lot) are rated in gallons per acre. I like the 5 gallon nozzles. Then I know that if my tank holds 200 gallons it should cover 40 acres, and it doesn't take long to discover how fast you need to travel to accomplish that. Once you know how many gallons per acre you are putting on it's simple math to add the chemical.

Latest posts