Ferguson Mo

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hook":1zalsm5c said:
The officers name has been released. He has been with them for 6 years and he is black. At least they won't be able to call it a racial act.
Hook, I was going by your post that stated the officer was black--this seems to be an egregious error on my part.
Please post a link to this information regarding the officer's race/color--I haven't seen anything other than a name and amount of time on the force released.
The picture you have posted is of a Sgt Darrel Wilson from the greater Saint Louis PD--not from Ferguson PD..

It's too bad the community doesn't get this outraged when innocent people are beaten, raped or killed by other members of the community.

From what I've seen it sounds like the first shot was justified, the other 3-4 shots are what will be the officer's downfall. I would hate to be in his shoes.

I have to wonder why the information regarding the cigar theft was withheld until now. The PD obviously knew about it and the connection to the shooting. Seems to me, the shooting would have been a lot easier pill for the community to swallow had the police released a statement that to the effect:
"Today a man being sought in connection with a convenience store robbery moments before, was shot and killed by a Ferguson police officer"

Are the police really that inept there in Ferguson?

ChrisB said:
It's too bad the community doesn't get this outraged when innocent people are beaten, raped or killed by other members of the community.quote]

Chris this statement kind of rubs me the wrong way reason being an officer of the law is sworn to protect the people of a specific local. A ordinary civilian has no powers and is not sworn to be a good citizen however it would be nice if all citizens followed the law. When you take an oath you are no longer an ordinary citizen. Having people you trust with your life in place and they do something like this isn't really comparing apple to apples. The aspect of them being outraged would not be good because every city and local in the united states would probably get torn apart. You mentioned they dont get outraged when people are beated raped and killed within their community.... Umm... Thats when the " Good Guys " aka law enforcement are supposed to step in and do their job and take care of the problem and calm the outraged people.

An earlier post seems to imply that Ferguson is in East St. Louis. Ferguson is a north St. Louis, Missouri suburb. East St. Louis is across the river from St. Louis, MO proper in Illinois.

There was at least one document released along with the name of the officer involved that said Brown was a prime suspect in a strong arm robbery at a local convenience store 10 minutes previous to the shooting incident. Apparently some Swisher Sweets were taken from a store clerk at a convenience store. I've not seen anything that says the officer was aware that that robbery had occurred or that Brown was a suspect.

Edit: I just saw online that Chief of Police Jackson said in his news conference that Officer Wilson first approached Brown because he fit the description of the suspect in the store robbery.

Grey beard, let's not forget that the media wants this story sensationalized and they will omit and change the facts to fit their own agenda.

Dega, the officer was responding to the robbery when he saw the men matching the description. There's a case number and call Logs already released.

The now deceased and alleged robber had a record (according to Mo court records in that county) :

Description: Burglary - 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD

Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000

Description: Assault 1st Degree - Serious Physical Injury { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100

Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000

However, Presumption of Innocence in the store robbery is still an unalienable and constitutional right for all US citizens, and should the DoJ press a civil case based upon civil rights violations by the township of Ferguson, this is what they will go after.
By a very large majority of the cases, they win their case.

I won't fault them too much for that--I'm a big believer in unalienable and constitutional rights--for each of us.
Due process/trial by court of law is one of them.

Bottom line is to everything you can't just go around killing people good citizen or bad unjustified because you have a shield.

Hook":1wdzgu9h said:
Grey beard, let's not forget that the media wants this story sensationalized and they will omit and change the facts to fit their own agenda.

Dega, the officer was responding to the robbery when he saw the men matching the description. There's a case number and call Logs already released.

Hook - just saw that info in another news article - edited my comment to reflect that info.

skyhightree1":rjqcoan1 said:
Bottom line is to everything you can't just go around killing people good citizen or bad unjustified because you have a shield.

I didn't say he was guilty im talking about general. He allowed to have his due process same as anyone else. I just stated a fact an officer can't go around killing people unjustly. :tiphat: :D

Sure is a shame that people behave after a situation like this. Whether the shooting was justified or not, why do people feel the need to loot and destroy property of others? Those people are truly innocent victims. It is a shame that people behave like that. People like that are no better than any one else, a peaceful protest is ok, but looting and destroying property of their own neighborhoods is downright stupid.

tom4018":2c6j8ycv said:
Sure is a shame that people behave after a situation like this. Whether the shooting was justified or not, why do people feel the need to loot and destroy property of others? Those people are truly innocent victims. It is a shame that people behave like that. People like that are no better than any one else, a peaceful protest is ok, but looting and destroying property of their own neighborhoods is downright stupid.

:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts