Votes: 10 17.5%

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Lower than 1.00

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
When do you think feeder cattle will hit their market bottom? At what price? Please pick (1) month range and (1) price. Thanks for all the answers in advance.

He's a lot of the problem with the price of beef in this country. Australia is our enemy world wide in the beef markets. They have taken the Japanese beef market over because of the tariff placed against US beef. Join the fight against Australia beef, let your elected officials know that we need to ban imports of Australian beef into the US. But the good news is Australia has over sold there beef herd and by 2018 we should take most of their market shares back. And the price should be about double of what it will be this summer in 2018-19.
That's my prediction from what little I know.

That's an interesting thought/theory. And it makes since. I have no problem with Australia or Australians. But our govt shouldn't allow imports from Australia, Brazil or anywhere else to be detrimental to US producers.

JMJ Farms":eh2uhixb said:
That's an interesting thought/theory. And it makes since. I have no problem with Australia or Australians. But our govt shouldn't allow imports from Australia, Brazil or anywhere else to be detrimental to US producers.

Stop that lean grinding beef from ''down under'' while you develop a market for all of that fat trim we produce? :roll:

JMJ Farms":3khfc2t5 said:

That's our main problem, our government. There the one's that make the trade and tariff deals for us. It's proven time and again that US farmers are the productive in the world. We need a deal maker as POTUS, not a community organizer.

Close off Australia and you would shut down a certain restaurant who says American beef is not good enough for them. I don't know why we import meat from countries who refuse to import from us like Argentina.

Buying lean meat from Australia is not a new thing, it has been going on for zonks and works well. We have had excesses of it to sell over the last couple of years due to sell off of females because of severe drought in Northern Australia and the US has been willing buyers which we appreciate very much and your herd has been in a rebuilding phase. Our herd is now coming into a rebuilding phase and the same volumes of lean meat will just not be available, however normal trade with the US will continue.
Ken

JMJ Farms":ayd8lta1 said:

If the US is so good at supplying the world why would you want the government to stop imports? What does it say about the system that and unsubsidised famer half way around the world is able to under cut an efficient on in the US

1wlimo":2sb06emh said:
JMJ Farms":2sb06emh said:

If the US is so good at supplying the world why would you want the government to stop imports? What does it say about the system that and unsubsidised famer half way around the world is able to under cut an efficient on in the US

Well I didn't really say stop imports. I said that imports shouldn't be allowed to be detrimental to US producers. I guess I should have said. I believe we as Americans should eat American beef first. Then if we run out of beef, we grow more cows and eat more chicken and pork till more beef is ready, and vise versa. Self sustain.

As far as the unsubsidized part. It says the the American farmer and rancher is too heavily taxed and the cost of living is too high.

I still say that Americans need to eat american produced food. Then if we need extra, we can buy it from someone else. If they don't wanna sell, then we eat what we have and grow more the next year.

The tariff on US beef going into Japan is 20%. The tariff on beef from Australia going to Japan is 10%. How the heck can we compete with that? I'm not sure about the beef from Argentina and Brazil. China eats a lot of beef and we supply nothing to them why? We need to play hard ball and make these other countries buy our products. Either they buy our stuff or no containers get unloaded at the ports. We grow and produce alot of food, countries can't boycott food. We have other countries at our mercy, and don't use it to our advantage.

I just feel like the US gives more than we get in return. But until our elected officials start spending our taxpayer dollars like it's coming out of their own pocket, this wont change.

258 views and only 16 voted. Kinda makes me wonder if this is why we have the current elected leaders we have. Only takes a minute to vote. Just a thought.

M-5":2gki1xc7 said:
13 users on line right now that can vote. 80 something guest that can view but can't vote

M-5, this sounds even more like our situation. 20% citizens, 80% illegal immigrants :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

(This is not intended to offend visitors to CT. Just a joke)

1wlimo":2iyoahgw said:
JMJ Farms":2iyoahgw said:

Because their using cheap feed on cheap land to grow a cheap inferior product. I have no problem saying no imports. If We grow our on and take care of our own I can only see that as a plus. I've said it before and I'm going to say it again.
If you think it's bad to have to depend on a foreign country for your oil. Wait until you have to depend on them for your food.

JMJ, do you really want your domestic consumers to eat more chicken and pork if your meat runs out? Once you change eating habits it can be hard to get them back to your product especially when they have a significant price advantage. It is a problem all over the world, the red meats seem to have ceiling price where once it is exceeded consumers are driven away from the red meats to the cheaper white meats.

Ken

wbvs58":uwbiloms said:
JMJ, do you really want your domestic consumers to eat more chicken and pork if your meat runs out? Once you change eating habits it can be hard to get them back to your product especially when they have a significant price advantage. It is a problem all over the world, the red meats seem to have ceiling price where once it is exceeded consumers are driven away from the red meats to the cheaper white meats.

Ken

Yeah that'll be ok. If they decide chicken and pork are better I will build me some chicken houses and use the litter for fertilizer on my pastures. Win win. And I've wanted the hog market to come back since Smithfield took over. :lol2:

All jokes aside, I have no problem with Australia or Australians. But I do believe we should consume what we grow. And if there is an excess supply, then we can export it. If there is a shortage, we can grow more. I think America should take care of America. I see no reason to import beef from another country and export american beef. That makes no sense to me.

Do we really need to import anything? You can have a closed herd, why not have a closed country? Make our television set, make our own clothes. Just take our ball and go back to our sandbox. If we got something somebody thinks they can't live without, we'll sell them some. Made in America, look for the label.

Latest posts