• Holden Herefords

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tennessee River Music, Inc.

• Knoll Crest Farm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well i wont vote.because they are all great hereford herds.all with foundation bloodlines.

Is this about the 8th time you've come on asking about who our favorite bull or herd is, HCF?

I think so.

What is the deal? Are you that lacking in sense that you need us to vote, then you go buy them?

Open the journal, see for yourself, just go buy anything high-priced in the journal, and combine it with what everyones' favorite is here, then you should be well on your way to Hereford distinction, though we won't know for what you will be distinguished.

mtnman

mtnman":2u07pcc1 said:
Is this about the 8th time you've come on asking about who our favorite bull or herd is, HCF?

I think so.

What is the deal? Are you that lacking in sense that you need us to vote, then you go buy them?

Open the journal, see for yourself, just go buy anything high-priced in the journal, and combine it with what everyones' favorite is here, then you should be well on your way to Hereford distinction, though we won't know for what you will be distinguished.

mtnman
No, just seeing what you all like. These are herds that I like cattle from. Take care. :cboy:

I like sand hill farms, probably the best total cow herd that I have seen. And he produces bulls that will work. I have gone to star lake sales and will never buy anything. I think Deshazer is pretty close to the same operation, so I don't think I would buy from them. I don't think a person like myself could never make their money back on their type of cattle. I also like some remitall stuff, mostly cows keynote bred.

My favorite herd of Herefords is my own :).

Course I'm just a small timer and don't have big fancy sales but they are still my favorite.

oakcreekfarms":a61rqu2n said:
I like sand hill farms, probably the best total cow herd that I have seen. And he produces bulls that will work. I have gone to star lake sales and will never buy anything. I think Deshazer is pretty close to the same operation, so I don't think I would buy from them. I don't think a person like myself could never make their money back on their type of cattle. I also like some remitall stuff, mostly cows keynote bred.
Kevin does have a great operation there in Kansas. Very proven cowherd, without a doubt. Take care. :cboy:

Is anyone familiar with Harrie and Wade Winston. They raised Herefords for a very long time.

Alice

Lents' dopesn't advertise enough for him to make it onto HCF's radar, I suspect.

Besides, HCF wouldn't know how to breed cattle without having EPD to stack.

mtnman

Hello all! I have been lurking for a little while now and I decided to weigh in on this thread.

Hill Creek Farm listed his own favorite Hereford herds in the poll, but he left many good herds out.

I would have to follow saltydawg's lead and say that MY favorite herd is my own. But that's because I'm familiar with every animal in it - certainly not because I believe that my herd is superior to all the ones listed.

Other than my own herd, I would say that the Colyer's breeding program and herd (Idaho) would be my own personal favorite. I believe that they produce a product that not only excels in the showring, but works for commercial producers as well.

I tried to buy Colyer's newest Hereford bull, "Cowboy" with his dam at the Harland dispersion last year- but my budget was quickly overrun in the bidding war. For my own herd, I really wanted the cow, but when I saw "Cowboy" at her side, I was certain that I didn't bring enough money to buy her.

Before their dispersion, the Harlands had the best herd of Hereford cattle that I have personally laid eyes on. They were uniformly good and there was no real "bottom end" in them, unless you wanted to criticize some of them for being 11,12,13-and getting old.

Alice, I'm familiar with the Winstons and their cattle. They had linebred Anxiety 4th bloodlines. Someone mentioned the Lents. They are the only herd of any size that I'm aware of that has maintained the Anxiety 4th bloodline and adhered to the linebreeding program of Gudgell and Simpson and the Mousels.

George

Herefords.US":g6tbd58m said:
Alice, I'm familiar with the Winstons and their cattle. They had linebred Anxiety 4th bloodlines. Someone mentioned the Lents. They are the only herd of any size that I'm aware of that has maintained the Anxiety 4th bloodline and adhered to the linebreeding program of Gudgell and Simpson and the Mousels.

George

Thank you...Harrie and Wade were my great uncles...my paternal grandmother's brothers. I never knew anything about bloodlines they worked with...just that they were Uncle Harrie and Uncle Wade. Now I know a bit more.

Thanks again,

Alice

I vote for whichever one has the most Vindicator breeding back in their bloodlines. :D

Mohicans used to be a real class outfit.

I like the Duncan's here in Indiana--- Able Acres. They still seem to have pretty good cattle.

Anybody know anything about Cooksleys (spelling?) in Nebraska?

Saltydawg":3v7gvm8l said:
My favorite herd of Herefords is my own :).

Course I'm just a small timer and don't have big fancy sales but they are still my favorite.

Didnt get online quick enough. You stole my answer. :D

Oxleys had some good cattle, and schafer in MN.

I believe that they were brothers.I really like that 0125 bull

What about Jamisons in Kansas HC.

Lots of good cattle in all the herds listed

A man not to far from me has some very good cattle but doesnt advertise. He runs about 200 head reg cows but only registers a few bulls and heifers. Most go to commercial cow herds.

Still like my own although I need to improve.

JHH

Latest posts