Famous Quotes

Help Support CattleToday:

"In the end, it only comes down to what you have done."

not sure how famous it is, but I like it:

It might be a good idea if the various countries of the world would occasionally swap history books, just to see what other people are doing with the same set of facts. - Bill Vaughan, journalist (1915-1977)

Nowland Farms":2nrigfat said:
Here's one that I saw back in 1979 while eating at Winsel's Oryster House in Mobile Alabama -

"Be careful of the toes you step on today because they may be connected to the A$$ you have to kiss tomorrow."

Also hangs on the wall of the barbershop where I get my haircut in Canton.

This one came from my grandfather back in the 1950s......"take care of the pennies and the dollars will follow"

I read a lot of western novels because lets face it T.V. is terrible now days. I especially enjoy a famous San Angelo, Texas author: Elmer Kelton. Here is something I read early this morning in his book "Stand Proud" "Money don't grow itself, you have to water it with sweat". I thought some of you may enjoy this.

not famous but a good one it comes from my dads boss who owns a construction company

production comes first!
safety comes natural!

"Don't give your son money. As far as you can afford, give him horses. No one ever came to grief, except honourable grief through riding horses. No hour is lost that is spent in the saddle. Young men have often been ruined through owning horses, or through backing horses, but never through riding them; unless of course they break their necks, which, taken at a gallop, is a very good death to die."
Sir Winston Churchill

"I am easily satisfied with the very best."
Sir Winston Chruchill

More Churchill

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

I don't know if this qualifies as famous but Cormac McCarty has quite a few I like

God had put horses on earth to work cattle and that other than cattle there was no wealth proper to a man.

What is constant in history is greed and foolishness and a love of blood

The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not.

JMJ Farms":3n0467oz said:
"Never let your personal feelings interfere with your pocketbook"

Does thus mean eat somewhere else besides Chick-Fil-A and shop at Target if they have the best prices.

Any man who thinks he can be happy by letting the Government take care of him , better take a closer look at the American Indian.

Henry Ford

hurleyjd":2f9n8u7y said:
JMJ Farms":2f9n8u7y said:

Does thus mean eat somewhere else besides Chick-Fil-A and shop at Target if they have the best prices.

Well Hurley, Chick Fil A and I share the same principles. As far as Target, I'm sure I can find anything that they have for sale..... For the same price or cheaper from a different online retailer.

Here's another quote.... "When you stir $hit, it stinks"

JMJ Farms":2oqkwutd said:
hurleyjd":2oqkwutd said:
JMJ Farms":2oqkwutd said:

Well Hurley, Chick Fil A and I share the same principles. As far as Target, I'm sure I can find anything that they have for sale..... For the same price or cheaper from a different online retailer.

And mess with it enough you'll get some of it on you.

TexasBred":1gblzbsf said:
JMJ Farms":1gblzbsf said:
hurleyjd":1gblzbsf said:

And mess with it enough you'll get some of it on you.

Point taken TB.

Latest posts