QUOTES BY OLD TIMERS OR WORDS NEVER HEARD ANYMORE!

Help Support CattleToday:

Only one more snow after the first gopher is seen.
When the leaves on the trees flip upside down you will have rain.

BTW I saw the first gopher yesterday. :banana:

Jalopy":wvrtbbz8 said:
If a rain starts before 7 it will quit before 11.

100days after foggy day will be a rainy day.

And rain after 7:00 it will rain all day.

12 days of Christmas is used here by many. Each day after Christmas is a month and the weather on that day is what to expect for the corresponding month of the new year.

If it rains on Easter Sunday it will rain for the next 7 Sundays in a row . Also "it never rains on dew" .

Larry

Red sky at night shepherds delight . Red sky in the morning shepherds warning .

Larry

If you see a sundog 48 hours till falling weather.
Number of foggy morning in August number of snows in the winter.
If you hear owls in the day will have rain with in 4 days.

If you hear crows, it's gonna rain.

My mother's saying, "Devil's beating his wife", referring to when the sun shines during the rain.

Lammie":1xfzfxxm said:
If you hear crows, it's gonna rain.

My mother's saying, "Devil's beating his wife", referring to when the sun shines during the rain.

Thank God the crow one aint true or the only time it would stop raining here would be after dark.

Turn a dead snake where he is belly up will make rain. I've been lookin for snakes so's I could try it. Man, it's gettin a little intense.

Earl Thigpen":2ypzgmke said:
Turn a dead snake where he is belly up will make rain. I've been lookin for snakes so's I could try it. Man, it's gettin a little intense.

I wish I could donate some of our rain. I think we've had more in the last six weeks than we had in the second half of last year. Supposed to get as much as two inches more in the next 30 hours. I hope the girls can hold 'em in for a couple more days.....

Frogs singing in the middle of the day its going to rain.
Mares tails today drastic weather change in 24 to 48 hours. (Mares tails Cirus Clouds.)
See a hog carrying a stick in his mouth get ready for a hard cold snap.( PWR's will build a nest before a hard cold snap.)

hrbelgians":3inr5mwv said:
Caustic Burno":3inr5mwv said:
Thunder in February frost in April.

OUCH! :shock: We're in trouble again??
thats what i was thinking....

whatever date the first snow falls on, thats how many snows you'll have. so our first snow came on Nov. 21st so we will have 21 snowstorms.

if you see a snake or a turtle (dead or alive) on the road that is a sign of rain.

thats all i can think of as of now

Caustic Burno":1pzxwohu said:
Mares tails today drastic weather change in 24 to 48 hours. (Mares tails Cirus Clouds.)

Speaking of frogs. The spring peepers saturday and sunday would almost drown you out. I bet they're surprised today!

dun":whlt84z1 said:
Caustic Burno":whlt84z1 said:

Speaking of frogs. The spring peepers saturday and sunday would almost drown you out. I bet they're surprised today!

If it keeps raining here I am going to put on a bass tournment in the bottom pasture, water is not to deep yet I seen a wood duck walk across the pasture earlier and his legs aint but two inches long.
Talk about a surprise wife hung the hummingbird feeder today as one of the syrup slurping bottomless pits showed up yesterday.