Famous People

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":abmnzd6b said:
Yep, one day, you'll be attending a family member's funeral, look around and realize, "Well crap! I and my siblings are the "old folks" now--won't be long before we'll be burying each other". I reached that conclusion myself just a few years ago.

I'm there. Folks all gone. Already buried one brother.

My dad has cousins that are in politics, both republican and democrat senators. Another is a federal judge.[/quote]

Don't think I would've told that

lynnmcmahan":2rnesq2y said:
My dad has cousins that are in politics, both republican and democrat senators. Another is a federal judge.

Don't think I would've told that[/quote]

That one probably belongs in the skeletons thread. :nod:

Ryder":1mtk7kql said:
tater74":1mtk7kql said:
My wife is related to Philo Farnsworth and I'm related her. He invented the television.

I'm not sure how to read this. You are related to your wife?
Not that it's any of my business...just wondering.

:lol2: :lol2:

I had to think on this a lot. Nobody famous in my family to my knowledge. Did have an uncle who was the ambassador to some $hit hole place down in South America and I had a cousin that worked on the bathyscaphe when it set the record for deep sea emersion years ago but I think the most interesting thing is if you ever watched The Green Berets with John Wayne, the house where they rescued the person belongs to my aunt.

You guys already picked all the famous people so left none for me. I did have an old great uncle who had a street named after him. "Whiskey Hollow". Seems he use to make some of the best moonshine in the county.

Ryder":3ovk8w8b said:
tater74":3ovk8w8b said:
My wife is related to Philo Farnsworth and I'm related her. He invented the television.

Got to typing too fast, yes I'm related because we are married. I can see the confusion. :lol:

Got to typing too fast, yes I'm related because we are married. I can see the confusion. :lol:[/quote]

In some areas the two are not mutually exclusive ya know :shock:

3waycross":1zz7k0h0 said:
Got to typing too fast, yes I'm related because we are married. I can see the confusion. :lol:

In some areas the two are not mutually exclusive ya know :shock:[/quote]

And as they asked about Bill Clinton "If they divorce will they still be cousins"?? :mrgreen:

Ryder":4ai7gmmv said:
tater74":4ai7gmmv said:

:lol2: I read it the same way too. :lol2:

FWIW in my area, I personally know many people who are married to their 1st cousin. And NO, I am not one of them.

As for famous folks in my family tree? On my mother's side...a once president of Greece, Jon Metaxis in addition to the inventor of the telephone Alexander Graham Bell.

Katherine

I come from a very long line of no one specials, except I do have a great uncle who is to me a hero.

He was one of the many that never got off the beach at Normandy, he's buried over there.

greybeard":30aohha8 said:
One of my ancestors was a WW1 medal of honor awardee--they made a movie about him.

If it's who i think it is i knew your cousin. Nell!

greybeard":1bj34fot said:
There's only a fine line between famous and infamous...

Reminded me of a guy I worked with. Good as gold, hard worker, honest and give you the shirt off his back. Well, he was a Jr. Poor guy said anytime and every time someone recognized his name, it wasn't in a good connotation. His wife told a story about when they were stopped by an older officer east of Dallas one night and the officer looked at his license and kept repeating his name. Finally looked up and said, "I know now, I know your dad and uncle. I arrested your dad a couple times and shot your uncle when he was running from me. That was about 20 years ago, back when we could do that." His wife said he wanted nothing more than to change his name.

tater74":1f3ehtet said:

My dad has cousins that are in politics, both republican and democrat senators. Another is a federal judge.
????I thought John Logie Baird invented the tv, and Farnsworth improved it..?????

I have a famous soccer player in the family, also I am a 10th generation great niece to Sir William Wallace (hook we may have the same uncle).

Latest posts