Fair Haul Rates

Help Support CattleToday:

I think we were writing at the same time with very similar sentiments. I usually trade that way and I am quite fortunate to have neighbors who operate with the integrity you are talking about. While it's not uncommon to have someone in the catch pen who has no idea what they are doing but eager to be there, I also have folks who are quite knowledgeable and adept who refuse help. For the latter, I get creative on compensation and there have been unfounded rumors that they were compensated with a clear liquid from a gallon jug. I do my best to put a newcomer somewhere they can watch and learn and any mistakes they make aren't fatal to the operation and try not to cuss them too much. Unless they cut an animal right on top of me,
I noticed that too in your post...we share the same kind of sediment, kind business nature and doing the right thing...integrity.

That may work great for you or your area, I don't believe it would be any count here. If I let people "take care of me" around here I'd be broke. I'm not saying everyone, but alot of people expect stuff for nothing.
They obvious do not understand what "I'll take good care of you" means. With this new generation of kids (18 to 36) who knows...maybe they have to be over 55 or 60 for it to mean something valuable to you.

They obvious do not understand what "I'll take good care of you" means. With this new generation of kids (18 to 36) who knows...maybe they have to be over 55 or 60 for it to mean something valuable to you.

I do agree. Than get way up there in age the grands think $5 $10 really good money. 🤣

Latest posts