Fair Trade My Rear End

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
US Beef Blocked in China

In addition, he says the U.S. government has raised the issue at very high levels in the Chinese government, emphasizing that the negligible risk designation for BSE of the U.S. should remove any remaining concerns that China may have about the safety of U.S. beef.

But the battle goes on, with the next opportunity to address the issue at high levels coming later this year at the meetings of the U.S.-China Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade.

"It's extremely frustrating to know that China's demand for high-quality beef is growing stronger every day, but U.S. cattle producers don't have access to the fastest-growing and potentially largest beef market in the world," Haggard says.

http://beefmagazine.com/blog/chinese-be ... c4enews=42

That would put the price of beef right up there with fish. I am curious as to, what countries have more regulations than the USA?? Seems to me this country has inspectors for everything we eat. Open China up, and with the price of corn being down, the sky's the limit as to what beef could bring.

highgrit":rhq790nd said:
That would put the price of beef right up there with fish. I am curious as to, what countries have more regulations than the USA?? Seems to me this country has inspectors for everything we eat. Open China up, and with the price of corn being down, the sky's the limit as to what beef could bring.
That's the thing. China knows our beef is safe, and food is safe (that's why they are raising pigs here), but they want it as cheap as possible. So they make some excuse for not wanting it making the price go down then they buy it. That's what they always do with beans. Some how 2x4's magically end up in grain tankers. :???:

Trade them beef for some of the stuff they sell us. Had 3 old uncles that were livestock traders and made a darn good liveing at it. If you noticed I wrote OLD. THe oldtimers knew how to trade and make it work. This is one of the reasons that the USA was so successful and became wealthy and the most powerfull nation in the world. The old yankee traders are no more. Weseem to want to give away and be everybodies sugerdad'y. Old uncle used to say let's trade grain for oil "2bushels wheat,corn, barley etc. They can price their oil as high as they want but it is not so very good to eat. Our present leaders are not much good as representing our country at the trade table.

I'm sorry that I was'nt clear when I said old uncle wanted to trade grain for oil, what he meant was food for oil.