F-150 Ecoboost

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man said:
I had a 2011 that I kept for 60k miles and loved it. It was amazing how well that little engine would pull. I regularly pulled a 24 ft goosneck flat bed with it and it pulled it just fine, it just liked brake pads. That truck had a lot more go than woh.

My personal opinion: I think it was on the 2007 Ram 1500 I was checking my brake rotors and found GM moulded in the hub. Also noticed that my Ram and mentioned Silverado seemed to have the same slope to the windshield. More noteworthy things is that the Ram knew how to breathe...since the engine is nothing more than a glorified air pump, if you want to move air, you need wide open spaces...engine internal plus inlet/outlet plumbing. Seems the Silverado picked up on that from.....Ram?

Anyhew for a <5kCC naturally aspired, basic push rod designed engine, on a 6000 (give or take) GVW rated truck, punch that sucker and it screams...eluding to the improvements in the items mentioned above that I didn't have with earlier GM vehicles.

Last, I have a Tow/Haul mode that improves (delays) shift points, making towing much easier. Tranny temp is monitored, and with the tow package and the cooling coil up front, keeps the tranny temp below 180F on a 100F day pulling a trailer at 65 mph.

I needed a new truck back in 2011 and the nearest dealer was Chevy. I planned an expanding sweep of whatever badge, dealerships in my area because I wanted one close by as I want a service facility handy when/if needed. Saw the 1500 as I turned in the lot, Blue Granite was the color I wanted...neighbor had one and thought it was beautiful, got excellent trade in value, good treatment on the rest of the price and bingo...it found a new home.

I drive a Transit van for my full time job that has the Ecoboost. 2016 with 115,000. Only engine trouble has been a throttle body at 35,000 miles. Van weighs over 8,000 all the time and gets about 16-17, probably a little better if it didn't idle a lot when it is hot or cold out. Has plenty of power.

Latest posts