Expected extreme heat wave temperatures

Help Support CattleToday:

When it's 121 it still feels hotter than when it feels like 109 you know
Sorry but it's not the same.

A lot of the places that dont have the humidity seem to have a shorter window that the temps get up there. It cools off quite a bit in the night. Even the mornings and evenings arent that bad.

It's not like that here or in the RGV. It may not drop out of the 90s even at night. That makes a big difference on animals, people, and equipment.

Last edited:

A lot of the places that dont have the humidity seem to have a shorter window that the temps get up there. It cools off quite a bit in the night. Even the mornings and evenings arent that bad.

It's not like that here or in the RGV. It may not drop out of the 90s even at night. That makes a big difference on animals, people, and equipment.
I'll tell you that 121F feels hotter than your "feels like" 109

well it was 100F at 2am

Anyhow, the town south of me that set the records just burnt to the ground last night, fire started at 6pm, by 7pm the town was ashes, it went through so fast

When it's 121 it still feels hotter than when it feels like 109 you know
I know where brute is coming from
Humidity makes a huge difference.
In how heat effects you.
9 percent is crazy low humidity.
With that low humidity and those temps I don't see
I'll tell you that 121F feels hotter than your "feels like" 109

well it was 100F at 2am

Anyhow, the town south of me that set the records just burnt to the ground last night, fire started at 6pm, by 7pm the town was ashes, it went through so fast
Yes that's hot as he// humidity be danged. ..... where that high humidity gets you is the ac in the truck doesn't work as good.....lol

I'm figuring our temperatures and humidity are on average somewhere between Canada's and areas further south of here. We get fairly hot and humid here, but where my wife's from in southeast Oklahoma, it is usually several degrees warmer and higher humidity. It can get hot fairly early here, and stay that way till late in the evening, but normally not too many days of that. Most times its getting really hot till around 10 and by 7-8 its cooling down. A couple days ago, my wife said that it was feeling like Oklahoma here. Typical summer day the cattle are in the shade pretty early though they start moving around earlier in the evenings than it looks like they would be. Most summer nights are in the 70's here

121 at 9% Rh is the same "feels like" (115) as 95 at 62% RH - according to the "heat index" chart anyway. Both are considered "dangerous".

Swamp coolers or misters are very effective with low humidity. They don't work very well with high humidity.

121 at 9% Rh is the same "feels like" (115) as 95 at 62% RH - according to the "heat index" chart anyway. Both are considered "dangerous".

Swamp coolers or misters are very effective with low humidity. They don't work very well with high humidity.
from my weather network it never says it feels cooler than it actually is206018941_208625577811043_1815810922201073383_n.jpg

Read the article you referenced but it would not allow me to see the videos in the article. My heart aches for the people of the town....it happened so fast.
Hope you are not in danger there with the other reported fires in that area.

Read the article you referenced but it would not allow me to see the videos in the article. My heart aches for the people of the town....it happened so fast.
Hope you are not in danger there with the other reported fires in that area.
I think we're pretty safe from the current fires, but that's not to say another one can't pop up at any time.. and we're supposed to get some thunderstorms in the next while.. that could get real interesting real fast

Latest posts