Vitaferm Heat mineral?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Is anyone using it? Was given a bag to try. Put some in a feeder for some replacement heifers, they were fighting over the feeder at dark last night and noticed them around it again at daylight this morning. Wondering if it is worth the extra cost?

tom4018 said:
Is anyone using it? Was given a bag to try. Put some in a feeder for some replacement heifers, they were fighting over the feeder at dark last night and noticed them around it again at daylight this morning. Wondering if it is worth the extra cost?

Sounds to me like they are giving it their overwhelming approval. I think it's a good mineral.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
tom4018 said:

Sounds to me like they are giving it their overwhelming approval. I think it's a good mineral.
Sounds to me like there is something in it they were lacking, making it worth the extra cost.

Son of Butch said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
tom4018 said:

Sounds to me like there is something in it they were lacking, making it worth the extra cost.

Been feeding Vigortone. That mineral feeder was empty this morning, probably only put 5 pounds in it but there are only 3 yearling heifers in that lot.

We feed the Heat in the summer and Concept Aid in the winter. I feel it is a good product. Don't think the IGR version is worth the added cost. It is aa cheap or cheaper as any good mineral in this area.

elkwc said:
We feed the Heat in the summer and Concept Aid in the winter. I feel it is a good product. Don't think the IGR version is worth the added cost. It is aa cheap or cheaper as any good mineral in this area.

Ive never used it. What is the ballpark figure on the cost of a bag ?

Ditto what elkwc said. Heat in the summer and normal conceptaide in the winter.

Our cost is about $30 a bag, HOWEVER, there is NO SALT in it. You have to put out loose salt. They consume less because they are not eating it for the salt intake.

Fire Sweep Ranch said:
Ditto what elkwc said. Heat in the summer and normal conceptaide in the winter.

Our cost is about $30 a bag, HOWEVER, there is NO SALT in it. You have to put out loose salt. They consume less because they are not eating it for the salt intake.
$33 here. Tag shows salt as I compared it to Vigortone I am using.

Your right! I wonder if that is just in the Heat, or all of it now? I can not find a tab for the regular conceptaide. I know that WAS (and maybe still is) salt free.

Fire Sweep Ranch said:
Your right! I wonder if that is just in the Heat, or all of it now? I can not find a tab for the regular conceptaide. I know that WAS (and maybe still is) salt free.
Concept-Aid 8/S contains salt

Fire Sweep Ranch said:

According to the Specs for the product on their site the Conceptaide 10 doesn't have salt in it. I clicked through several of the other options and they all seemed to have salt, but I think you were correct about the regular conceptaide being salt free.

Latest posts