End of the season!

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Had the last calf today for fall calving. A red badly heifer, not my favorite color, but it's alive. (Get you baldy lovers a picture tomorrow) The cold front must of had them rearing to go because I had 3 of the last calves in a 24 hour period.
30 days for the one's first exposed on Nov. 20th, and 26 day calving period for the one's first exposed on Christmas.
With the good Lord's help they get weaned in March.

10431141916_6b7c5f5cd8_b.jpg

Nothing on the radar till march.

denvermartinfarms":ijtwbe9g said:
What's this season thing you speak of? Don't everyone have calves every month of the year?
Yeah denver, what am I talking about, guess I better go find some more to calve next week. Mind if I barrow a couple to fill in my monthly quota?

sim.-ang.king":2jh8nipo said:
denvermartinfarms":2jh8nipo said:
What's this season thing you speak of? Don't everyone have calves every month of the year?
Yeah denver, what am I talking about, guess I better go find some more to calve next week. Mind if I barrow a couple to fill in my monthly quota?
I'll send you as many as you want, just send me back the 800lb yearlings every year and I'll give you 300$ a head for your troubles :lol2:

My real goal rather than calves every week, is average a calf a day in the next 2 years. :cboy:

sim.-ang.king":3g7zph3s said:
Well I guess that would work ok. Have a calf, sell a calf. Talk about cash flow!
Yep that's what I'm thinking, have a 800lb yearling to sell every day of the year for 1200$ plus.

Latest posts