East Texas rain

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Left Paris Tx this morning and hit a little rain in Delta County. On and off thru Hopkins County, cleared up in Rains, Van Zandt and Henderson Counties.
Stopped and ate in Jacksonville and it POURED all the way thru Cherokee and Angelina Counties. Could hardly see thru the wipers in Alto and traffic slowed to a crawl.
Got home, rain guage was same as my road--dry and dusty, but there had been wind. Got 2 more white oaks down--big ones too.

We got home from Paris at noon. Needed to doctor a calf's foot, but ate lunch before. Walked out the door and heard thunder Decided to wait for it to pass since our pens are under big trees. The bottom fell out and it rained again. Got almost another inch. Everything is under water. Got over 4 Sunday. Checked cows afterwards and took this picture..This pasture had not grown grass like this since 2009..It wouldnt quit raining that summer either.

backhoeboogie":3ai0uehi said:
1/4 inch over 4 days time. Not much to count. Glad I got that
But you got "count".....

We got....."squat"

:frowns:

But yeah...sucks to get a quarter inch when you need 2 or more and just up the road it floods. Was up around Alvarado Sunday, it was 71 degrees and raining at 2 in the afternoon. Ran out of the rain 10 miles north of Calvert and by the time we got to Hearne the temp was 97.

We managed about 4/10ths the last 6 weeks.

1982vett":h7mvop8g said:
backhoeboogie":h7mvop8g said:
1/4 inch over 4 days time. Not much to count. Glad I got that
But you got "count".....

We got....."squat"

:frowns:

But yeah...sucks to get a quarter inch when you need 2 or more and just up the road it floods. Was up around Alvarado Sunday, it was 71 degrees and raining at 2 in the afternoon. Ran out of the rain 10 miles north of Calvert and by the time we got to Hearne the temp was 97.

We managed about 4/10ths the last 6 weeks.

I hear you. Last Saturday the rain was close enough I could see it falling to the northwest AND smell but nothing at our place. :cry:

the last storm that rolled through here barely wet the ground.we are going to bale hay again this week.

We had gotten all our hay up and thought, yay, done with hay. But its looking like we'll have one more go round on baling...ugh...Anyone around here need to buy hay?

bigbull338":2u9vezuo said:
the last storm that rolled through here barely wet the ground.we are going to bale hay again this week.
That's been the case here for Aug so far, and an almost daily occurrence.
Big cloud rolls thru, thunder/lightning and some wind, and the rain pours-----------for about 3 minutes. "might" drop 1/2" if we're lucky. Dust is blowing 20 minutes later.

Obviously, you planted your corn a month too early. :lol2: :lol2:
Last year, when I wasn't getting much rain and CB was (he's about 70 miles East of me) he just kept tellin me....."Boy, you just ain't livin' right" . :lol: :lol:

greybeard":2bj13bhv said:
Obviously, you planted your corn a month too early. :lol2: :lol2:
Last year, when I wasn't getting much rain and CB was (he's about 70 miles East of me) he just kept tellin me....."Boy, you just ain't livin' right" . :lol: :lol:

LOL you got that right.

Latest posts