Duck Dynasty star suspended from show

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone in the rest of the family or cast made a comment about the situation? Has Phil commented since A&E announced he is on hiatus?

I'm sure A&E has a contract with someone or some company which developed and probably produces the show and I"m sure there are stipulations in that contract speaking to cast member behavior. At least A&E acts like they have those stipulations. I'm sure also that there are contract stipulations that prevent the cast and show from moving to another network or essentially reproducing the show elsewhere. So the thought that DD may just take their ball and bat and go across the street to play would be pretty far fetched.

It will be interesting to see if the remaining cast actually participate filming a show without Phil. What would that say about their scruples? Their character?

Dega Moo":2ejr3vbv said:
Has anyone in the rest of the family or cast made a comment about the situation? Has Phil commented since A&E announced he is on hiatus?

I'm sure A&E has a contract with someone or some company which developed and probably produces the show and I"m sure there are stipulations in that contract speaking to cast member behavior. At least A&E acts like they have those stipulations. I'm sure also that there are contract stipulations that prevent the cast and show from moving to another network or essentially reproducing the show elsewhere. So the thought that DD may just take their ball and bat and go across the street to play would be pretty far fetched.

It will be interesting to see if the remaining cast actually participate filming a show without Phil. What would that say about their scruples? Their character?

From what I know about them I'd say they will all walk.

TennesseeTuxedo":3hp3sk5w said:
Dega Moo":3hp3sk5w said:

From what I know about them I'd say they will all walk.

I agree. There's no other option.

skyhightree1":3v8pfwqi said:
I never liked the show so no love loss there.. However, When you are in those roles companies do not want you to say anything controversial that may make them look bad or frowned upon and im sure he knew that. When someones writing your check in situations like being on tv you got to play by their rules or this will happen everytime its part of stardom. Gotta watch what you say and do.
Probably doesn't hurt to read the contract before you sign it. Nobody has unlimited rights

Does anyone know where I can find information regarding who actually owns Duck Dynasty? The reason I am asking is a friend just told me any product purchased meaning DD the money goes to A&E and walmart where the Duck Commander is Solely The Robertson's Company.

Wouldn't the bottom line come down to what is considered controversial?
One could ask, what is controversial about an individual stating that he doesn't personally understand homosexuality, and that he considers it wrong. He did not defame an individual or group, he did not incite violence or condone any form of punishment. He said he believes God, not he (or us), will be the judge of those who sin, including himself. Yes it may have offended those who are oversensitive about such things, but is it controversial? His statement included other sinners as well...."Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers..." I don't see them (A&E and the LGBT lobby) getting all worked up in defense of all those other sinners.

Only because it offends the sensitivities of those with a specific agenda "...who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community..." the rest of us are also supposed to view the statement as controversial and some sort of an attack on gays.

CottageFarm":21xjbqc6 said:
Wouldn't the bottom line come down to what is considered controversial?
One could ask, what is controversial about an individual stating that he doesn't personally understand homosexuality, and that he considers it wrong. He did not defame an individual or group, he did not incite violence or condone any form of punishment. He said he believes God, not he (or us), will be the judge of those who sin, including himself. Yes it may have offended those who are oversensitive about such things, but is it controversial? His statement included other sinners as well...."Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers..." I don't see them (A&E and the LGBT lobby) getting all worked up in defense of all those other sinners.

Only because it offends the sensitivities of those with a specific agenda "...who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community..." the rest of us are also supposed to view the statement as controversial and some sort of an attack on gays.

As a fella who used to enjoy a drink or twenty back in the day I'm a bit offended at his slam on "drunkards". Dang hateful talk to be sure. :D

ifarm26":1ahezf20 said:
I have thought about this for a while and usually remain silent, but something happened the other day that really got me thinking about a lot of stuff. My 3 year old son and I were walking up to tractor supply, and Wally World is right next door. Well going through the parking lot we see two men holding hands and hugged up to one another. My 3 year old looks up at me and says daddy, why are there 2 men touching each other like you and mommy? Wow! Talk about a smack to the face!! How do you answer the innocent mind of of a 3 year old about two grown men showing affection in public? It really hit me then how our morals have gone down the drain in this country! If two men or women want to be that way, please do not flaunt it in public. What you do in private is your thing, but my gosh, when I have to explain to my three year old what they are doing, man it makes you do a lot of thinking on todays condition of morality in the US. I am not homophobic. My wife and I have acquaintances that are homosexual, but in public you would think they are just best friends. I respect them for that. My wife and I remember that Jesus would have been friends with them, he wouldn't have condoned their behavior, but he would still love the person.
I applaud Phil, and yes Sky and Aaron I see your point too, but A&E does not own Phil Robertson, just as my employer does not own me 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. If they did, they would owe me a he77 of a lot more money. Phil only quoted the Bible! Right there in black and white! I only wish, after having to answer my 3 year olds question, that I had a platform to voice my opinions on the morality of this country and what is wrong with it. What next, will we not even shudder when Mr. Smith brings is new nanny goat to the movies with him for date night, or when old Suzy crazy eyes tries to marry her lover of 2 years who stands 14 hands tall and is known as Wilbur. Where does it all end? That is all.

IMO you hit the nail on the head
He didnt condemn any one
I know I sound like a broken record but again he said
"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, be nice. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus -- whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

As a Christian you hate the sin but love the sinner and you try lead them to the path of righteousness

Several people have made valid points on this thread, even Sky as bad I hate to admit :D
In my job I don't talk about money, religion or politics so Sky has a valid point
But as comercial farmer and others have said Phil is a man of conviction and stands up for his beliefs
I agree with his beliefs and stand with what he said but whether others do or not the political correctness and over censoring needs to be reeled in
This push and ram acceptance (what is immoral) down our throats has to be stopped. As ifarm26 alluded to and as Isom said a while back the next push is adults having sex with children

We as a moral society have to stand up against this

My Faith follows Phils. I do know people who are gay but I figure it is not place to judge them that is God's job. All Phil did was quote the Bible and if the gay community cannot stand it and replies by attacking Christians who do not support their life style that is their problem not mine nor Phil's.
A&E should realize they cannot dictate a person's beliefs nor Freedom of Speech as provided by our Constitution.

I think it was a calculated response from A&E. If they really wanted to make a stand about how offensive they felt Phil Robertson's remarks were they would have pulled the show. But instead they suspend Phil (who really didn't have that big of part in the show) to cater to the PC crowd. Plus it gets more attention for the show which will probably cause even more people to watch it. The result is the advertisers that may have threated to leave stay on board because of the "strong" response from A&E, and it gives some publicity for the show. From what I've gathered A&E didn't even make a statement about Phil's comments until after one of their advertisers threatened to leave. It's all about the money.

I luv herfrds":gu02a29e said:
My Faith follows Phils. I do know people who are gay but I figure it is not place to judge them that is God's job. All Phil did was quote the Bible and if the gay community cannot stand it and replies by attacking Christians who do not support their life style that is their problem not mine nor Phil's.
A&E should realize they cannot dictate a person's beliefs nor Freedom of Speech as provided by our Constitution.
It's not our job to judge people, but we can jusdge what people do as right or wrong. God gives us clear instructions on what is right and wrong and what it takes to enter into heaven or what will send you to a lake of fire for eternity. With his crystal clear Instructions I think we can determine if someone is living for god or not, homosexuals are not.

denvermartinfarms":3mren56l said:
I luv herfrds":3mren56l said:
It's not our job to judge people, but we can jusdge what people do as right or wrong. God gives us clear instructions on what is right and wrong and what it takes to enter into heaven or what will send you to a lake of fire for eternity. With his crystal clear Instructions I think we can determine if someone is living for god or not, homosexuals are not.

Phil was right on with what he said.
If anyone doubt it's in the scriptures
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

ifarm26":26lgtksd said:
I have thought about this for a while and usually remain silent, but something happened the other day that really got me thinking about a lot of stuff. My 3 year old son and I were walking up to tractor supply, and Wally World is right next door. Well going through the parking lot we see two men holding hands and hugged up to one another. My 3 year old looks up at me and says daddy, why are there 2 men touching each other like you and mommy? Wow! Talk about a smack to the face!! How do you answer the innocent mind of of a 3 year old about two grown men showing affection in public? It really hit me then how our morals have gone down the drain in this country! If two men or women want to be that way, please do not flaunt it in public. What you do in private is your thing, but my gosh, when I have to explain to my three year old what they are doing, man it makes you do a lot of thinking on todays condition of morality in the US. I am not homophobic. My wife and I have acquaintances that are homosexual, but in public you would think they are just best friends. I respect them for that. My wife and I remember that Jesus would have been friends with them, he wouldn't have condoned their behavior, but he would still love the person.
I applaud Phil, and yes Sky and Aaron I see your point too, but A&E does not own Phil Robertson, just as my employer does not own me 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. If they did, they would owe me a he77 of a lot more money. Phil only quoted the Bible! Right there in black and white! I only wish, after having to answer my 3 year olds question, that I had a platform to voice my opinions on the morality of this country and what is wrong with it. What next, will we not even shudder when Mr. Smith brings is new nanny goat to the movies with him for date night, or when old Suzy crazy eyes tries to marry her lover of 2 years who stands 14 hands tall and is known as Wilbur. Where does it all end? That is all.
I am only commenting on what you should say to your child when asked an awkward question, besides saying "go ask mom/dad", I would've told my child that everyone has different was of showing affection and that even though we may not agree to what they are doing, they still have a right to. Kids are smart and they pay attention to a lot of things around them. If you are uncomfortable with something, your child will know.

An individual is the smallest minority. Phil made his statements as an individual. So to attempt to suppress his opinion is to oppress the rights of a minority. I stand with Phil on this. He just stated his believe. He didn't attack them and even said that he didn't judge them.

The one thing that is giving me a kick out of this is that I have an old high school friend who is a very vocal atheist. He will go on and on if a football player professes his faith to the TV camera. On the flip side he is a huge DD fan. I almost want to go see him just to listen to his opinion.

Shantilly, that is not what I would tell my kids. I have told my kids from early on the way I see it, and the way I expect them to live their lives. People with your outlook is why this country is on it's way down. IMO

highgrit":3d7jje6l said:
Shantilly, that is not what I would tell my kids. I have told my kids from early on the way I see it, and the way I expect them to live their lives. People with your outlook is why this country is on it's way down. IMO
That's right. Excepting everything and going with the " mind your own business " way if thinking is sinking us all.

denvermartinfarms":efd2wx6n said:
highgrit":efd2wx6n said:
That's right. Excepting everything and going with the " mind your own business " way if thinking is sinking us all.

The question from a 3 yr old would be hard to explain
As the child grows up in an Christian environment then they know from the teaching from the bible what is immoral
I'm not sure how you could explain that to a 3 yr old being that sex is involved and at 3 that is not something that they need to know about.

I wonder if the homo crowd and their supporters might have overstepped this time. I think they miscalculate the support for the homosexual lifestyle and same sex marriage. All that has been rammed down pretty hard with dissention purposely suppressed. Like Phil being suppressed.

I basically told him that Jesus does not like it when two boys or two girls act like that with each other, and that God intended for mommies and daddies to act like that with each other. He soon forgot though, he saw the toy tractors in the store and his focus was redirected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts