Toby Keith, Larger-Than-Life Country Music Star, Dies at 62

Help Support CattleToday:

I have been looking for a video all morning. Toby and Trace Adkins doing a concert for troops...about 20 years or so ago. There was some a-hole heckling.. trying to start some sh*t with people in the audience, then started with Toby and Trace. Big mistake. They came off that stage, kicking a$$ and taking names, and they both had more than 1 trying to fight them. I thought to myself...if you hire them for a concert, you won't have to pay for security.

He always seemed like a normal guy. He never really had that celebrity mentality that you see with a lot of them.

I preferred his older stuff like Should have been a cowboy, You shouldn't kiss me like this, the 90s stuff.

To add to the 90's stuff, Blue Moon, Dream Walkin', Who's that Man. I prefer the 90's Toby Keith as well. I was 10-15 years old loving that stuff.

Our whole family stood outside on our patio and belted out Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue every 4th of July. When our son was serving in Afghanistan we sang it especially loudly, and even more loudly when he came home safe. Tody Keith really captured the American soul in that song. His music was wonderful and he was one of the greats.