Duck Dynasty star suspended from show

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy43

Reaction score
for his comments to GQ Magazine on his personal beliefs on gay marriage according to the Bible. :bang:

cowboy43":7wocb9ui said:
for his comments to GQ Magazine on his personal beliefs on gay marriage according to the Bible. :bang:

Assuming you mean some media mogul CEO or whatever has tossed him from the show.

Bang your head all you want - he showed the courage of his convictions AND did not worry about losing the cash from the show.

Now - look at it the other way.

Just because you have beliefs someone disagrees with, they can decide you cannot go to school or to work tomorrow.

Free country? Perhaps.

However, only if you conform.

Think on that a bit before you write.

Admire him for his courage - disagree with him if you chose - but does that give someone the right to censor him?

Your "free speech" is not as free as you might think.

Best think on that too.

Bez

If this is true, then it's a shame, but for those of us who want to be free to express our opinions, why should we be surprised when another private entity expresses theirs by responding? Whichever Robertson it was had every right to say what he felt and the CEO of whatever media conglomerate has every right to exercise whatever power he or she or they have within their contract. Thems is the breaks. More power to them though for saying what they feel compelled to say.

He was suspended by A&E Networks the network the show is on, going to interesting to see how his family and the nation responds to this. I read his statement I did not see where he said anything wrong , just expressed his opinion according to the Bible.

I've been listening to this on the radio all day. It was Phil who made the statement but I haven't heard anything about him being dropped from the show and seriously doubt he will be. The Robertson's seem to stick together so if they tried to get Phil off the show the whole family would probably just quit themselves, they don't need the money. Phil did not just say that he believed that Bible says homosexuality is wrong but he also added that adultery, idolatry, drunkenness and murder or also sinful. While he said that he did not agree with or understand homosexuality he said it was not up tohim to judge them he said that's Gods job.
At 14 million watchers per episode I doubt A&E anything to mess up the Robertson's.

snake67":gaou5xkh said:
cowboy43":gaou5xkh said:

Assuming you mean some media mogul CEO or whatever has tossed him from the show.

Bang your head all you want - he showed the courage of his convictions AND did not worry about losing the cash from the show.

Now - look at it the other way.

Just because you have beliefs someone disagrees with, they can decide you cannot go to school or to work tomorrow.

Free country? Perhaps.

However, only if you conform.

Think on that a bit before you write.

Admire him for his courage - disagree with him if you chose - but does that give someone the right to censor him?

Your "free speech" is not as free as you might think.

Best think on that too.

Bez

It is only free speech in the USA today Bez as long as it is deemed correct by the Liberal Media PC police.
Every thing this country was founded on is under attack. The attack is 99.9% against a white person expressing that opinion.
The media is dividing this country to the point of destruction IMO.
I say hallelujah Phil. :tiphat:

Phil is working for A&E, simply put. If you represent a brand and say something that hurts the brand, in any way, through any demographic, then you will be held responsible.

Deepsouth":3sbrfyci said:
I've been listening to this on the radio all day. It was Phil who made the statement but I haven't heard anything about him being dropped from the show and seriously doubt he will be. The Robertson's seem to stick together so if they tried to get Phil off the show the whole family would probably just quit themselves, they don't need the money. Phil did not just say that he believed that Bible says homosexuality is wrong but he also added that adultery, idolatry, drunkenness and murder or also sinful. While he said that he did not agree with or understand homosexuality he said it was not up tohim to judge them he said that's Gods job.
At 14 million watchers per episode I doubt A&E anything to mess up the Robertson's.
He was suspended according to drudge. I've already fired off emails to A&e remind ing them about the first amendment . And my right to fire them as a source of entertainment in my home.

Aaron":385r7kqa said:
Phil is working for A&E, simply put. If you represent a brand and say something that hurts the brand, in any way, through any demographic, then you will be held responsible.

He is the brand.

"
Duck Dynasty" dad Phil Robertson has been placed on indefinite suspension by the A&E Network following his recent comments on homosexuality, the network announced Wednesday night.

"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," the network said in a statement.

"His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely

Robertson paraphrased Corinthians: "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. ... Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

I applaud him for what he said and admire him for speaking out, knowing the repercussions to come from it
If we had more people like Phil in the world it would be a better place

I quit television a year ago today. The reasons are too countless to even begin to explain. I hadn't missed it one bit. It's all trash, and an invitation to the devil to hang out in your family room. I did watch the NFR last week though.

john s":1l76n95u said:
I Support Phil Jack!! if its freedom of speech then why cant he speak freely? :bang:
He can, they can freely fire him, we can freely not watch A&E and hope he does something else that 14,000,000 people can support and freely start showing the media that enough is enough.
I hope the rest of the family dump A&E rapidly. Then maybe A&E can get a G&L show that makes them as much money as DD has.

Oh no, there was someone on TV that was a good person with morals and knew the bible, can't have that!

I don't watch TV and have never seen there show, but I have heard nothing but good about the duck folks and they seem like really good people from what I do know.

jedstivers":1n8ztknu said:
john s":1n8ztknu said:
I Support Phil Jack!! if its freedom of speech then why cant he speak freely? :bang:
He can, they can freely fire him, we can freely not watch A&E and hope he does something else that 14,000,000 people can support and freely start showing the media that enough is enough.
I hope the rest of the family dump A&E rapidly. Then maybe A&E can get a G&L show that makes them as much money as DD has.

:clap:

Right now its the Highest ranked show in the USA. However I have a feeling thats about to change. Meaning A&E Ranking not DD

It's all over the network news that he is on an "indefinite hiatus" from the show

I have never seen the show but just hear about them on the news and the web. Read is comments, he just stated it bluntly, like it is. Nothing wrong with that, hope A&E loses money over it. Tired of all the gay rights stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts