Duck Dynasty star suspended from show

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
cross_7":127jvxt1 said:
Robertson paraphrased Corinthians: "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. ... Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

Robertson also said he doesn't condemn people.

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, be nice. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus -- whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

What did he say that was wrong ?
He said he believed it was wrong, that's it, he didn't say he hated them or they should be outlawed
What if he said he didn't like chocolate ice cream, sugar in his coffee ?
This gay rights, racism, bullying and etc crap needs to be stopped

its about controversy I can't think of any company that likes it other than news networks. Thats the problem in which we all have commented on before if we were all in a country that everyone thought just like us it would be no problem.. This is a melting pot of different beliefs and him being in the public eye spouting off can cause controversy. Its not about gay rights or spiritual beliefs its being in the public eye telling your beliefs while having a network label on your arse.

jedstivers":2kcb1sf8 said:
His faith and beliefs mean more than the check. We need more people like that.
And I don't even like the show anymore because it has been to scripted and commercialized.

Everyone has that right to make that decision. Its like going into the military or law enforcement you know what you signed up for so he shouldn't be surprised as to what happened to him. If he wanted to preach his beliefs he should buy his own network like Opray Winfrey and say and do whatever he wants.

skyhightree1":276rm0nl said:
jedstivers":276rm0nl said:
And I don't even like the show anymore because it has been to scripted and commercialized.

Everyone has that right to make that decision. Its like going into the military or law enforcement you know what you signed up for so he shouldn't be surprised as to what happened to him. If he wanted to preach his beliefs he should buy his own network like Opray Winfrey and say and do whatever he wants.
He might not be surprised. He might have just pulled something over on those Hollywood collage boys. Never know.

jedstivers":2rhhabcl said:
skyhightree1":2rhhabcl said:
jedstivers":2rhhabcl said:

He might not be surprised. He might have just pulled something over on those Hollywood collage boys. Never know.

lol either way it aint putting money in my pocket to cover the damage my wife has done while xmas shopping.

If you ask a Christian that question, you are going to get an answer. He had no choice because he is a man of convictions and I really don't think he is worried about what A&E thinks.

Sky there is a difference between telling the truth and slander. He did nothing wrong and I'm sure he knew the consequences.

B&M Farms":2w5eiw0u said:
Sky there is a difference between telling the truth and slander.

I am well aware of that. I used my example in a effort to get people to look at the broad spectrum.

Truth and slander. Both the same thing - just depends who is all high and mighty in thinking they have the truth. I'm leaving it at that and could care less what happens to the show.

skyhightree1":d1q1top2 said:
if i wanted to continue making the $ they were paying me as long as they were paying me... I would not address nor comment on anything that I know is a touchy subject. When someone else is writing you checks you gotta use your head and act accordingly.

You be sure and write those "large" checks to your hourly fellas so you can tell them what to believe and how to answer questions on "touchy" subjects at their diner table. I guess I was taught to have some cajones in life and not waiver to a dollar bill. One of those paths takes a real man. The other, any weak minded individual can just be quiet when they know that something is wrong and they should speak their mind.

What an inspiration to look up to. Can hear the story now..... "Son, I was going to stand up for what was right, but gosh darn it, they just kept increasing my pay, and it was just going to be..... well.... hard. So that makes it right." Come on, seriously? Do you lie for money as well?

Every man needs to make a personal decision whether to stand up for his convictions. Not just some of the time, but all the time. The man that stands by his convictions every time is the one I have the most respect for. Not just when it's behind a keyboard. Or not just when it's about a paycheck.
Good for him.

Commercialfarmer":1ktxy4tm said:
skyhightree1":1ktxy4tm said:
if i wanted to continue making the $ they were paying me as long as they were paying me... I would not address nor comment on anything that I know is a touchy subject. When someone else is writing you checks you gotta use your head and act accordingly.

You be sure and write those "large" checks to your hourly fellas so you can tell them what to believe and how to answer questions on "touchy" subjects at their diner table. I guess I was taught to have some cajones in life and not waiver to a dollar bill. One of those paths takes a real man. The other, any weak minded individual can just be quiet when they know that something is wrong and they should speak their mind.

What an inspiration to look up to. Can hear the story now..... "Son, I was going to stand up for what was right, but gosh darn it, they just kept increasing my pay, and it was just going to be..... well.... hard. So that makes it right." Come on, seriously? Do you lie for money as well?

Some people would stand on the 50 yard line in a football stadium give you an hour to draw a crowd and do anything for a dollar.
The PC crap is why racism is 10 times worse than it was when I was a kid. Hidden all it does is festers .
As much as I might disagree with it you have the right to express your opinion without retaliation, and will defend your right to say it.
Here comes the rub that Sky can't see it is a one way street for certain groups in this country. This is about his Christian beliefs.
I guarantee you if he had stated the same thing from the Koran nothing would have been made of it.

Aaron":pxpuomcz said:
Truth and slander. Both the same thing - just depends who is all high and mighty in thinking they have the truth. I'm leaving it at that and could care less what happens to the show.

Good way to state that. They can take them all off TV for my part. I am not among those that can be counted a fan of reality TV. I use my TV to play movies and I cannot even find a good movie to play anymore!!!!

Phil Robertson had my respect. Now he has climbed that ladder even higher.

His family will stand behind him. So will I. So will much of America. This scenario is a good thing.

Need me a Phil shirt.

No one should tell anyone what to believe, That's the what cause the decline of this country .

Aaron":3in0sw89 said:
How much less could you care?
A lot less--a little less--50% less?
If you could still care a lot less than now, that means you currently care quite a bit what happens. :nod: ;-)

Unrelated to Aaron's words....:
This whole thing reminds me of a conversation I once took part in, regarding the subject of sucking butt. Some won't do it under any circumstances, others will do it for a very low price, some will die for what they believe, and won't be silenced short of death.

Personally,
I never did learn to like the taste of feces in my mouth but..........to each his own.

tistis":182wa13f said:
No one should tell anyone what to believe, That's the what cause the decline of this country .
And the cause of the moral decline of this country is???????

cross_7":1ugdqgcb said:
Robertson paraphrased Corinthians: "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. ... Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

Robertson also said he doesn't condemn people.

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, be nice. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus -- whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

What did he say that was wrong ?
He said he believed it was wrong, that's it, he didn't say he hated them or they should be outlawed
What if he said he didn't like chocolate ice cream, sugar in his coffee ?
This gay rights, racism, bullying and etc crap needs to be stopped

Well said. Had he came out for gay rights they would have made him a hero.

Caustic Burno":s7vrribk said:
Commercialfarmer":s7vrribk said:
skyhightree1":s7vrribk said:

Some people would stand on the 50 yard line in a football stadium give you an hour to draw a crowd and do anything for a dollar.
The PC crap is why racism is 10 times worse than it was when I was a kid. Hidden all it does is festers .
As much as I might disagree with it you have the right to express your opinion without retaliation, and will defend your right to say it.
Here comes the rub that Sky can't see it is a one way street for certain groups in this country. This is about his Christian beliefs.
I guarantee you if he had stated the same thing from the Koran nothing would have been made of it.

Uh oh, truth alert. Duck Dynasty has been in the crosshairs ever since they opposed Gubnor Piyoush Jindal in our last election for the 5th congressional district. Jindal is a "converted" Hindu. His entire family is Hindu. In 1971 Jindal's pregnant mother jumped on a plane to have her anchor baby in Louisiana. Jindal grew up Hindu and converted to Christianity in college. Under Jindal our state has become a dumping ground for federally convicted pedophiles.

The Robertson's don't need A&E and from where I am sitting Duck Dynasty is the employer, not A&E. But here in Louisiana we have a Mafioso style Gay Rights cabal headed by the multi billionaire Joe Traigle. His minion Wilson Cruz said it on the news this morning, "THE ROBERTSON"S NEED TO GET IN LINE!" Nothing about tolerance or any of the other buzz words used by the media. Shut up and get in line.

I hope they switch over to a Christ based channel like Up, I'm sure they would take a huge cut in pay, but I don't think the money matters that much to them. it would allow them to have a show that would get their testimony out the way they want it to.

greybeard":3vaadeyl said:
Aaron":3vaadeyl said:
How much less could you care?
A lot less--a little less--50% less?
If you could still care a lot less than now, that means you currently care quite a bit what happens. :nod: ;-)

Unrelated to Aaron's words....:
This whole thing reminds me of a conversation I once took part in, regarding the subject of sucking butt. Some won't do it under any circumstances, others will do it for a very low price, some will die for what they believe, and won't be silenced short of death.

Personally,
I never did learn to like the taste of feces in my mouth but..........to each his own.

Now that is GRAPHIC. :eek: :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts