Don't covet your neighbors ox

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for reminding me ALACOWMAN, you sure got that right. Chuckie's old bull was something special.

If your neighbor's ox had never seen a bit of grain and looked like that after 11 years on pasture that would put him in the Manso league.

The way the book tells the story Walter and his son Edgar had bought 30 of the 90 bulls in one of the early Brahman importations. Many of the bulls did not distinguish themselves. The Sartwelle Bros had the most prominent bull at the time. His name was Aristocrata Reg#134. Walter had decided to linebreed distinct herds so he was buying up Aristocrata sons. Manso was an Aristocrata son. What made him stand out was he looked like that without any feed. He was also an F1 for all practical purposes because his mother was from a bull imported in 1906 and he was two different breeds of pure Bos indicus.

The reason he reminds me of that story is, a person can bust their ass raising the best cattle they can,,, and this old lady has a bull that changed the brahman industry,And didn't even realize it...like I've said what you've done for years on purpose , another can do by accident over night...